Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Which minor mods?

laumk7

I'm after minor molding my Titanium X again, had a few done before I picked the car up, now I'm at it again...

What I've had done so far is as well as ticking most of the spec boxes, I've had my wheels painted white, had the ST valance attached at the back, and got the illuminated gear knob

I'm not after modding the engine in any way btw

What I'm thinking was shark fin aerial, but getting this professionally done as drilling holes I ain't....and we'll. ...I dunno what else so I'm after ideas really? What would you do?

Ooh I could detango, I hadn't thought of that, that'd work as well Imo thank you.

Keep em coming :biggrin:

Which plastics? Outside or inside? I wouldn't know where to begin with inside tbh 

1 minute ago, laumk7 said:

Which plastics? Outside or inside? I wouldn't know where to begin with inside tbh 

Outside

On your centre console, what is the pink thing with paperclip on it, next to your aux power socket, behind your gear gaiter?

I've been looking at that and can't work out what it is.

37 minutes ago, GMX said:

On your centre console, what is the pink thing with paperclip on it, next to your aux power socket, behind your gear gaiter?

I've been looking at that and can't work out what it is.

It's my old usb, they're old photos btw I don't use that one anymore

tdk-cle-usb-ladybug-4gb.jpg

• Like 1

Paint the upper and lower front grills gloss black and the fog light bezzles, Rear defuser too at the bottom of the rear bumper.

It's got a ST valance and diffuser on it though, or is that what you meant?

granted I forgot to add that in the photos - give us another sec ;)

Yes. Have you already painted the grills and rear diffuser gloss black. Hard to tell.

Tell you what though, That is a really nice wee car you have the way it is. What about an exhaust system.

No they're not painted (I don't think so anyway), they're as fitted before I picked up the car. Thank you for the compliments, I do like my car, it's somewhat unique(ish) to me :wub:

Exhaust system is a good idea, but I'm not sure if it'd interfere with the ecoboost? Will it?:unsure: I was considering a chromed sporty looking clamp on back tailpipe Before I picked up the car but the salesman put me off mentioning sawing through the original and so on:ohmy::unsure:

I'm thinking, and have posted in photoshopped threads accordingly,  about the gloss black or maybe matching white surrounds? What does anyone think? Have you seen it done and did it look right?

Lol I've got a club sticker, you just can't see it, it's on the rear windscreen, currently just under the spoiler. bsm moved it dunno why, and I can't remember where it is on that photo - it's the old style squarer sticker

16 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

I'm thinking, and have posted in photoshopped threads accordingly,  about the gloss black or maybe matching white surrounds? What does anyone think? Have you seen it done and did it look right?

Sometimes with white cars in my opinion. too many things colour coded to the white can become too much. where as if you done the surrounds black or even another colour, It breaks it up a little bit.

I think the eco boost would be ok with an exhaust. Just have to tell the insurance company though.

Just be careful with the modding bug though. Once you start, thats it. A big long road to spending all your money. I don't even want to think of how much I have spent on the ST.:biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laumk7 said:

It's my old usb, they're old photos btw I don't use that one anymore

tdk-cle-usb-ladybug-4gb.jpg

So that's what it was:)

What about painted or powder coated brake calipers in a contrasting colour, say gloss black or possibly a bright red?

• Like 1

Look to upgrade the non headlight bulbs to LEDs - I have found just changing things like the numberplate bulbs to LEDs has lifted my mk6 up a bit, looking to change the sidelights etc as well soon - small mod but makes a nice difference.

• Like 1

Excuse the poor pic put these LED sidelights yesterday along with Philips white vision H7's

20160126_064353a1.jpg

• Like 1

Excuse the poor pic put these LED sidelights yesterday along with Philips white vision H7's

20160126_064353a1.thumb.jpg.158b9bbd5e2a441107590c7340d8e5ef.jpg

What side lights are they? Looking very good and suit the car.

"You know, you really should keep a personal log; why bore others needlessly?"

Hi,

If you find you ever have any issues with your insurance for any of your modifications then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.

Regards,

Dan.

Don't bother with LED sidelights IMO, they all start flickering after a while, and are a pain to replace. LED interior lights are worth doing though, as they're much easier to replace, and they seem to last much longer.