Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S-Max Review and opinions please

Maximusi

Hi everyone. New Here.

I am looking to get a new car next month and I think I am pretty set on it being a Ford S-Max after looking around it looks really nice and read quite alot of good things about it online. I am not 100% sure if I am going to go new or up to 4 years old get all depends on what finance I can afford to pay.

What I would love though if if I could please get some opinions from you current S-Max or even past S-Max Owners. Do you love your car? Would you recommend it? Is it not too much trouble?

I currently own a Peugeot 307 SW (7 seater version) and while I absolutely loved it when I first got it I have grown to truly hate it. Nothing but problems. I have had to replace part of the air con because it fell off, it currently has a turbo problem which causes a problem with the DPF causing it to go into limp mode every now and then although if I use expensive fuel that seems to be mostly ok. It also has a whole boat load of electrical fault such as sometimes all the needles on the dash zero while driving, I have had critical engine temp warnings when I have just set of on my first journey for the day and more extreme such as everything electrical on the inside of the car just turning off for a few seconds and then back on. Safe to say I have sworn of french cars!

One thing I really do want to know is do the new S-Max's still use a DPF and does it cause problems because I do sit in traffic every day to and from work and that has caused me alot of DPF issues in my pug. I sit in about 80 minutes of traffic every day.

Thank you in advance for your replies I do really appreciate it. Hoping to finally have a reliable car for the next 3 years!

Regards,

Max

hi,my smax was bought at 3 years old with 100k on the clock.

its now got 119k in 4 years ive had it.mine is a non dpf version.

you can check out future purchases on the etis site to see if it has a dpf,but i have a feeling all the newer 1s do?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Gregers DPF's became mandatory in 2009 so I presume you have a 2008 car based on what you told me and were lucky to just avoid it!

I have purchased a 2010 one with a DPF sadly will just have to keep up regular maintenance to stop it having the same problems as my previous car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club