Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First service coming up due

laumk7

My first service is coming up as due come March, so I've booked it in at my local dealer.  They've offered free breakdown cover as part of the service cover and I figured if there's any updates to sync they'd be able to do those too.

They've also offered this stuff to add to the engine oil which they claim will keep the engine soot free and injectors clear. It's 24.99 but they've sold it to me based on wanting to keep my engine running as it is. 

What should I expect from this first service to be done? Other than 1st oil change

1 hour ago, laumk7 said:

stuff to add to the engine oil which they claim will keep the ... injectors clear.

Pretty sure if you add something to the oil it's not going to touch the injectors unless you've got a big leak somewhere

• Like 1

Good valid point that lol, ahhh well I'll call them again in the morning see what they've got to say for themselves 

Sod it I called them now, apparently I wasn't listening properly  (surprise surprise ), it's a oil and fuel treatment

Waste of £25, dont know what engine you have , but if its a 1.0 ecoboost and there trying to sell you an engine oil flushing agent thats added before draining oil, then no , no, no.

Even the fuel treatment wont benefit you unless your keeping the car 10 years +

• Like 2

As for sync updates, make sure you request them , wont be done part of the service.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iantt said:

Waste of £25, dont know what engine you have , but if its a 1.0 ecoboost and there trying to sell you an engine oil flushing agent thats added before draining oil, then no , no, no.

Even the fuel treatment wont benefit you unless your keeping the car 10 years +

I have a 1l 125bhp eco boost engine and do now plan on keeping the car long term

Out of blind curiosity why do you say no no no? You've got me scared now :tremble:

If they use a strong engine flush, it can deteriorate the cam belt as its a wet belt in engine oil, the belt has a protective coating that over time using flushing agents can be stripped. Therefore reducing the beltlife

This what im told and believe.

So just tell them thanks but no thanks

• Like 2

just trying to relive you of your hard earned money

• Like 2

I've rebooted it in at the garage I purchased from... they're A cheaper by quite a way (£61) and B didn't even offer me unwanted extras. Wait and see on the day if this pans out but looking good so far :smile:

On 1/27/2016 at 6:12 PM, iantt said:

As for sync updates, make sure you request them , wont be done part of the service.

really ? thats a poor do !

you'd have thought considering how much a ford dealer charges for a basic service that checking for software updates for your car would be included in a service schedule.

otherwise you're paying over £100 quid for just for a oil change and a top up of windscreen wash lol ! 

10 hours ago, biff55 said:

really ? thats a poor do !

you'd have thought considering how much a ford dealer charges for a basic service that checking for software updates for your car would be included in a service schedule.

otherwise you're paying over £100 quid for just for a oil change and a top up of windscreen wash lol ! 

Do you know how long it takes to do a sync update? I do and know why they wont do it as part of service.

• Like 1

I've had sync reset recently as it was playing up, took the best part of a whole day to wipe and reset. No need why a minor update would take that long though

If you have had sync reset recently then I doubt there will be any newer updates, if there are it still takes best part of 3/4 hour to update.sometimes a little less.

• Like 1

I recon all they will be selling you is BG244, which can be bought for a tenner!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club