Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford owners web site upgrade

mikeyd1

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

What needs fixing?

When using the quote function on the app, if there is already an embedded quote - it doesn't work properly.  The app appears to be using the old BB Code, whereas the forum has switched to proper HTML (for want of a better description).

The app is written around the old version of forum software, so things might not work properly with the new backend.

• Like 1

Oh dear Alex. "Having that sort of attitude is not a good way of getting results"? You mistake attitude for Sternest (is that the right spelling? )

Thankyou for your reply tho'.At least now I know something is being done all be it in this day and technical age I'm blowed how slow things are going.

I miss the app. Did all my stuff through the app. Now have to keep checking the site cos I'm still not getting notifications.

5 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Quoting someone else's quoted post works for me, perhaps it is a permission issue... Do you have no quote button, or does it just not pull the quote through to the reply box?

You can ignore individual sigs and I have been working on updating our signature rules and enforcing smaller signatures, it is in progress as it's been annoying me too.

I'll be honest, I'm a big fan of an adblocker on my mobile, it significantly speeds up page load and makes it easier to navigate. Also reduces CPU load which will help battery and slower phones. Some of the ads are being hidden in mobile mode by default on this site anyway.

Try and keep the site whitelisted at least on desktop though, as it helps pay for the site, or even better sign up for premium memberships and it hides some of them too :)

That's odd if it works for staff and not for us peasants lol.  When I quote the post, it only shows one quote box, the rest of the quoted post shows as if I've written that as well my reply.  Multiquote works, just not a quote inside another quote.

Which adblocker do you use on the mobile?  I use a Chrome app on Android if theres one that works with that?

I see a quote of the post I quote but it's not nested so you don't get a quote within a quote.

There is a bit of a bug on mobile with line breaks I can't always use carriage returns or my text gets stuck in the post. There is probably a bug fix for this though.

Chrome doesn't support extensions on mobile I'm using firefox with ublock. Ublock is good but more advanced with more granular control, it isn't as easy to use and can block things you don't want. 

I usually install or recommend adguard for those that want a simple set and forget adblocker. But use the extension not the app. I tried the app and while it works with chrome as it uses a vpn I just had a lot of issues with it.

That's why I was so pleased to have the new forum software because it is fully responsive so works on firefox for Android. The old forum software didn't recognise firefox so served up a completely broken site.

• Like 1

Is the App for Apple still around as I had it on my old iPhone but cant find it now,i know its aint working that good but just

wanted to know where to get it from.

Steve, y'know what they say - If it 'aint broke.............. ;)

As said above,where can i download this iPhone App from as i cant find it .........Ford OC App..........

As said above,where can i download this iphone App from as i cant find it .........Ford OC App..........

You should be able to find it as I've had no issues finding it on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app