Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Side light replacements

Darranw

Want to upgrade the side lights to led ones

Anyone know what ones too use

As fleabay has so many to choose from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-T10-W5W-501-5-SMD-5050-LED-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-CAR-SIDE-LIGHT-WEDGE-WHITE-BULB-/371464802822?hash=item567d071206

They give a nice bright white light and no errors, straight swap with originals and could just about pass for drl,s on a not so bright day,

just check before you put headlights back to ensure you have correct polarity, I subsequently purchased some with 4 front facing leds to see if they would be better as DRLs but havnt got round to fitting yet.

I would recommend CREE XP bulbs to achieve a DRL type look. I personally don't think LED/SMD bulbs do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are limited to choice by the size of the hole in the headlamp that the bulbs push in.

This is how they look:

LEDs (8).JPG

• Like 1

Not too bothered about the drl look just something bit more bright

Then the ones I listed will more than satisfy you, they give a nice bright white spread across light having 1 forward led and 4 side leds. easily seen in anything less than bright sunlight.

• Like 1

Just looked and your right bugger thought I would get some.

Back to the drawing board now

Anyone else suggestions??

Their are many same on eBay, just copy header and paste into search and you will find loads, critical part is 9mm dia, error free  and 1 front facing led and 4 ide leds at 45 degrees, t10 w5w type. you can also find similar on amazon.

These are couple more I have to test with more front leds and in the case of the 42 led more leds full stop althought possibly lower wattage leds, I am waiting for some bulbholders to test offboard to save removing headlights, the 42led is slighty bigger than the oem bulb but will check after testin for fit.

Led_a_(4).JPG

Don't need to waste time with a bulb holder, just end the wires out on the bulb and hook up to a 9v household square battery.

I bought some CREE units but didn't check the diameter and as correctly satiated above they wouldn't fit in my wife's Fiesta (can't even get to the mk5 headlights [emoji53]) but they make a pretty decent torch now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not bothering as I never just use the side lights it's dip beam or nothing, and I'm sick of DRL'S when you can't see the front indicators for the DRL's some do cancell the but others don't 

Never had a look but is it a straight forward job

Just twist or pull them out

As my Megane was complete b*tch to do

Was a bumper off job [emoji35][emoji35]

Presume your talking Headlights?. if so they are relatively easy, just remove one screw and twist out forward, my nearside virtually dropped out but offside needed a bit of juggling.

pragmatix: I accept what you are saying and some oem DRLs can be rather blinding but also sometimes badly adjusted dipped beams can be a menace, I think mine is a compromise especially on dullish days, not only look better but helps to be seen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I went to replace both of the side light bulbs on my MKIV Mondeo today but gave up when it seemed as though I'd bought the wrong bulbs.  The reason being, it seems, is I couldn't get the bulb out of the metal holder so I assumed they're purchased with the metal attachment.  I did try pulling the bulb out of the holder but with no luck.  I didn't quite white knuckle it but I gave it a good pull.  Also, as both are failing to illuminate I had a quick look in the user manual but didn't see a specific fuse just for the side lights...any ideas please?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club