Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo glow plug light flashing.

mariocars

A couple of weeks ago the glow plug light started to flash, sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. It has gradually got worse and now I am the point where it comes on when I start the engine and stays on. I have found that if I drive a mile or so and then restart the engine the light stays off for a while btu eventually comes back on. However, if I drive the car until it is fully warmed up and restart the engine, the light stays off.

I have tried cleaning the EGR valve but that had no effect so I am trying to determine if it working correctly. I believe it is a euro 4 as it has an electrical connection as well as a vacuum. information I am hoping to get is

1. What voltages should I see at the electrical connection.

2. What vacuum reading should I get at the hose.

3. How can I tell if the valve is actually operating.

4. Is there anything else I should be looking for.

I have tried getting the fault codes but I think my reader is busted because it say's there are no codes.

Does the car go in limp mode when the lights flash? And does the car cut out and restart it self while driving

Yes, the car does go into limp mode and No, the car does not cut out at all. It just stays in limp mode until you restart the engine.

I had the same problem 2 years back with my Mondeo 130 2.0 diesel  and it went on for about a year. Turned out to be the electrics on the turbo. The AA got a code saying it was the injectors but I took the car to a garage and they knew what it was straight away. £1200 for a new one from Ford or £800 for a recon. Sorry.