Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Inside rear coutersy light

razzyh

Hi Guys

I've just brought a 2008 fiesta 1.4 diesel as a run around. The injector seals have recently been done and its got a full service history so all seems to be ok. i'm about to order the EGR blanking plate and get that fitted.

One of the things that gets on my gripe is the lack of interior lighting especially in the rear. i'm wondering if anyone else has installed a rear interior light over the back seats? another light that i'll install is in the glove box and the little cubby hole in front of the gear stick/under the heater controls.

Also can you access this forum by tapatalk?

Yes you can access this forum via tapatalk. No I wouldnt recommend it.

To add rear light, just extend wiring from the front.

Glove box lighting, I've used an LED strip & a magnetic switch so when the door is open the two magnets come together and the lights come on

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

On 31 January 2016 at 6:46 PM, GingerFlame said:

Yes you can access this forum via tapatalk. No I wouldnt recommend it.

To add rear light, just extend wiring from the front.

Glove box lighting, I've used an LED strip & a magnetic switch so when the door is open the two magnets come together and the lights come on

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Hi thanks for responding. 

I I was thinking just extend the wiring from the front. Is there a rear specific light cluster to buy?

Just purchase a front light fitting and cut a hole in the headlining

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I could do with one of these,why not put one in as standard as dark in the back.

• Like 1

see they did fix this with the facelift models as i have it :) 
but just go to breakers get a rear light from a facelift and extend the wiring from front to back :) or do what Kieran said and put magnets and LEDs :) 

• Like 1

see they did fix this with the facelift models as i have it :) 

but just go to breakers get a rear light from a facelift and extend the wiring from front to back :) or do what Kieran said and put magnets and LEDs :) 

The magnets & LEDs were for the glove box & Vanity lights[emoji14]

As anyone got a stick on LED one where you can just turn on and off if needed like attach Velcro to it or something

or 2 (one each side) by grab handles in the back,i know there are a few on eBay but is there one that people have used.

Seen an Osram one on amazon for £8 area with PIR.

8 hours ago, jace1969 said:

As anyone got a stick on LED one where you can just turn on and off if needed like attach Velcro to it or something

or 2 (one each side) by grab handles in the back,i know there are a few on ebay but is there one that people have used.

Seen an Osram one on Amazon for £8 area with PIR.

Have you got a link?

I have ordered me a strip one off eBay,it does the same thing but a silver strip with LED's so will try it

and see what it looks like.

Update on this light i had,its so bright and works off the the sensor so wont come on in the day and

also it has a PIR.

Next job is seeing where to fit it as its only about 1ft long and 2inch wide.

Tried it in the house on the night  and lit all the stairs up from the top.

I'd personally just fit a genuine Ford part from a scrap yard and wire it to the front light..

It would drive me crazy having a half hearted bodged chinese light fixture in the back of my car.

My footwell lights are LED strips & DRLs, but they're out of site

1 hour ago, GingerFlame said:

I'd personally just fit a genuine Ford part from a scrap yard and wire it to the front light..

It would drive me crazy having a half hearted bodged chinese light fixture in the back of my car.

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Don't want to cut holes and do wiring as this i can just pull off if i don't need it,not a 10p job.

£££££££ are hard these days so we all look at saving whatever it is.

Don't want to cut holes and do wiring as this i can just pull off if i don't need it,not a 10p job.

New light £4 scrappy

Wiring - pennies if you shop around

Strip out the headlining & do it properly. permanent job, adding to the resale value of your car :)

7 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

New light £4 scrappy

Wiring - pennies if you shop around

Strip out the headlining & do it properly. permanent job, adding to the resale value of your car :)

Wish i could find a place round by me for one for £4 i would of got it,even eBay.

Plus god knows who would fit it by me,never only going to cost £10 area to fit also the type,

Sure the rear one on the new facelift is just a front one put in the back,thought they would be smaller light.

I can find this one or the other full front one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141890226938?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111886568319?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

On 31 January 2016 at 6:46 PM, GingerFlame said:

Just curious, where did you get the magnetic switch from? Interested in doing the glove box myself

• Like 1

Two curious people then :smile:

I cant find a light only these on my links,

eBay, China :)

eBay 311413456766

• Like 1

If you have a link to a light that they fit std Ginger flame be great as you say front light in back.

Aint it a smaller light with no Map reading lights or something,got nothing to follow as a sample.

There's nothing stopping you simply putting another FRONT light in the REAR. Just cut a different shape in the headliner

The magnetic switches are for the glove box. Not the interior light. The interior light would simply connect to the front one

40 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

There's nothing stopping you simply putting another FRONT light in the REAR. Just cut a different shape in the headliner

The magnetic switches are for the glove box. Not the interior light. The interior light would simply connect to the front one

Thats ok then just thought i would check,so its just order a front light on my reg,not from ford as it will be so much.

Cheers..........Once i have light its just getting a person to fit.