Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Ford Focus DRL

GeoffWS

I've used forscan on my car with no problems.

They're on to version 2.3.1 beta right now which was put up in April.

• Like 1

No luck guys :sad:. Spoke to 2 dealerships, neither could help. Has anyone had their LED lights activated from a dealership near Bedfordshire? It's honestly like talking to a brick wall. When I call up, they transfer me a dozen of times before someone says no. Very frustrated....

Any dealer can do this, you just need to find one that will.

Maybe asked to speak to chief tech, or service manager?

You might have to pay for it, but you can always say other dealers have offered to do it, but wanted to supported local dealer, blah, blah blah, lol.

Otherwise just got to use dealer finder and keep calling round working out from your location.

Try and call Independent's, rather than large groups, they are usually more amenable and competent.

• Like 2

Jackson ford did mine in Henley-in-Arden, yes they are an independent ford dealer and spoke to their service manager who said they would have a go, it was straight forward to do with no problems, they pluged their softwear system into the USB port and changed the setting to run DRL took about 10mins. Excellent customer service from them..

• Like 3

Any ford dealer can do it, as been said already only takes 10 mins to do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

Any ford dealer can do it, as been said already only takes 10 mins to do.

The problem is that while all can, not all will.

Or not all know what they are doing and think it's impossible, lol.

I do wonder how some are still in business...

• Like 3

I finally managed to get through to someone from my local dealership who gave me an answer other than no. However he is quoting me just under a £100 for the job, which I feel is unreasonable. I am awaiting an answer from another dealership which isn't too far, before making a decision.

Quick question, is it the OBD port that is used for this activation or the USB?

23 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Would I be able use the above mentioned to activate the LED DRLs on my car?

for £100!! thieves!

• Like 3

Yes OBD port.

looks the right items on eBay, but not 100%

• Like 1

OBD port they use & i pay'd £40.  If your savie with all this computer stuff then yes, give it a go yourself. Stoney871 has given some great info on forscan which looks like it now works with the mk3.5 focus but be careful though, as it programs the ECU and its possible to brick it..Theres members with good knowledge using forscan on here who would help you..

• Like 2

As long as the asbuilt profile is saved before altering anything then should be no problems.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

i'd be buying that obd adapter & software without hesitation

and then never again have to deal with numbskull dealerships that get confused beyond shocks and exhausts when you need access to your cars computer.

sheesh , you wouldnt think it was the 21st century speaking to some of them.........

• Like 1

If I can get it done for around the £40 mark, I would be happy to do so. I should know by tomorrow if the other dealership I contacted will do it for a reasonable price. If not, then I will definitely be taking the route of getting the OBD adapter plus software and having a crack at it.

After not receiving any response from the dealership, I ordered the Forscan OBD adapter which should arrive in the coming days. With this method, is it just a case of downloading the software from the Forscan website, connecting the adapter to the car and laptop, and executing the DRL option? Or is there more to it?

Thanks in advance

Download Forscan, register on their forum and then to allow you to access HScan programming you need to request an extended licence.

It's all free and lasts for 2 months (you can reapply after that if needed again)

To get the extended licence you need to install the software on the laptop you intend to use and copy the device serial generated in the licence section of the software and include it on the licence application.

Copy/paste the emailed serial into the licence page and all good.

If you don't see what you need to alter on Forscan you can also try FoCCus.

If you want to see what parameters you need to look for then enter your VIN here- ford.xtlt.ru/ab which will pull up an asbuilt data page identical to that used by FoCCus so you can play around without affecting anything on the car.

you can then save the configuration as an XML file which can be opened directly by FoCCus and written to the car.

It's also a handy reference to the asbuilt config if you think you have made a mistake somewhere.

Only thing to be aware of is that sometimes rewriting your asbuilt can cause random DTC to pop up on the car, just read and reset them from within Forscan and you're all good.

• Like 1

Thank you Clive for taking the time to write the above guide. Using the As-Built editor link you provided, I had a look through the configurations and it seems pretty straight forward.

This may be a silly question, under the DRL option, there are a few different selections as shown in the screenshot below. Which one would I need to use for having the LEDs on all the time? DRL 1.JPG

In regards to the rear lights, there is only one option for LED so there's not much to think about there.

DRL 2.JPG

Option 5 (RH symmetry) , that's how it's configured on my car.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Looks like he is already on option 2, if that is showing his as-built data.

I loaded mine up and I have 05 - RH Symmetry for my LED DRLs.

Option 196 should be left as it is, it just determines between LED or halogen tail (back of the car) lights.

Sorry, edited my post above.

Read it wrong on my phone screen.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I finally received the OBD adapter today. Using the steps provided by Clive, I initially used Forscan to back up the car's current configuration. I then opened up FoCCCus and hit 'Read BCM', which resulted in the dashboard icons and screen throwing all kinds of messages (was slightly worried at this point :unsure:). From the list of selections, I clicked on DRL and selected 'LED DRL'. There was no option for 'RH Symmetry'. I then clicked on 'Write BCM' and again all sorts of messages started appearing on the dashboard. After this had completed, I re-opened Forscan and clicked on DTC. This was now showing multiple errors, so I read them and reset them as advised. I power cycled the car by turning off the ignition and turning back on. And then for the for the moment of truth....... the LEDs were burning bright :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I would like take this moment to thank you all as I would never have managed to do this without your help :thumbs_up:

• Like 3

Good to know Focccus is working on the mk3.5 now, when I tried it about 18 months ago my car locked it out and made all sorts of clicks and flashy lights, haha.

• Like 2

I finally received the OBD adapter today. Using the steps provided by Clive, I initially used Forscan to back up the car's current configuration. I then opened up FoCCCus and hit 'Read BCM', which resulted in the dashboard icons and screen throwing all kinds of messages (was slightly worried at this point unsure.png). From the list of selections, I clicked on DRL and selected 'LED DRL'. There was no option for 'RH Symmetry'. I then clicked on 'Write BCM' and again all sorts of messages started appearing on the dashboard. After this had completed, I re-opened Forscan and clicked on DTC. This was now showing multiple errors, so I read them and reset them as advised. I power cycled the car by turning off the ignition and turning back on. And then for the for the moment of truth....... the LEDs were burning bright biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I would like take this moment to thank you all as I would never have managed to do this without your help :thumbs_up:

Glad to be of service.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club