Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Ford Focus DRL

GeoffWS

Bought a pre-reg Focus 1.0 Titanium Nav in December. Really pleased with car and all the toys. Also engine surprisingly powerful as changed from 1.6Tdci Focus owing to doing lower mileage. However no Daytime running lights which seems a little bit penny pinching. Is there a ford approved upgrade or does this mean changing both headlamp assemblies?

i'd consider a good quality aftermarket lighting kit that can be retro fitted discreetly somewhere on your front bumper without having to replace your headlights which would be mega expensive.

wiring is "relatively" straight forward to do it yourself or hire the services of an auto electrician to do it for you.

as for brands , philips make high quality car led lighting kits , look to pay at least £70 for a decent kit that looks factory fitted though.

I'm also interested in this, but I have the a 2014 one instead of the last facelift !

I found these online although they aren't available right now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321606133769 

and also found a guy who installed them on his focus. Ignore the lights in the "triangles" those are extra leds. the DLR and indicators I linked above are the LEDS inside the headlight assembly.

Would these be legal in the UK you reckon?

I changed my lights to the zetec s units, they do come up cheap on eBay...

P1010975.JPG

20 hours ago, yossi said:

was it difficult to install?

Very easy, old ones out, new ones in, took me 10mins..

1 hour ago, rocket_111 said:

Very easy, old ones out, new ones in, took me 10mins..

good to know.. now I just need to find the right headlights on eBay!

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well? I was wondering if anyone could help me? I recently (about 2 months ago) bought a 2015 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium edition, and I seem to find myself in the same predicament as a lot others. It's a brilliant car, packed with great spec's, however the one spec that eludes me is the LED DRL's.

As I bought the car used, I was not able to spec it according to how I wanted, however the LED DRL's is one option I really would like to have. I have sent umpteen emails and called many different dealerships about this upgrade, however I get one of 2 answers, firstly we don't know if this can be done, or secondly it can't be be done because the wiring setup is totally different. Having read on these forums that it has and can be done, can anyone shed some more light on this? 

@rocket_111 do your LEDs work in the same way as the factory fitted ones would? To be specific, do the LEDs turn off when the full beam is on and vice versa?

Sorry for the long post.

Anyone's advise and assistance would be much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

I have an 2012 Focus, wondering if the new shaped (mk3.5?) headlights with DRL would fit into my car. Anyone done this before?

No, MK3.5 headlights have a different shape and do not fit on a MK3.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, M_U_NAS said:

@rocket_111 do your LEDs work in the same way as the factory fitted ones would? To be specific, do the LEDs turn off when the full beam is on and vice versa?

Yes mate, all works as factory fitted. 

10 minutes ago, rocket_111 said:

Yes mate, all works as factory fitted.

Ok thanks, that's good to know. In that case, it would be best for me to just buy the headlight clusters and install it myself. I'm looking to get the rear lights too.

1 hour ago, M_U_NAS said:

Ok thanks, that's good to know. In that case, it would be best for me to just buy the headlight clusters and install it myself. I'm looking to get the rear lights too.

Yes just get the lights (but not the titanium x or st3 ones) You will need to get them activated by ford though cost me £40

14 hours ago, rocket_111 said:

Yes just get the lights (but not the titanium x or st3 ones) You will need to get them activated by ford though cost me £40

Cool. Thanks for the advise. I can't find any Zetec S lights at the moment on eBay. If anyone comes across some, please post on here. 

Much appreciated.

3 hours ago, M_U_NAS said:

Cool. Thanks for the advise. I can't find any Zetec S lights at the moment on eBay. If anyone comes across some, please post on here. 

Much appreciated.

They do come up on eBay but you will have to be quick, you also might have to buy one side and wait for the other side to come up later, as most cars have front end crashes. Just keep away from the self leveling ones..

8 minutes ago, rocket_111 said:

They do come up on ebay but you will have to be quick, you also might have to buy one side and wait for the other side to come up later, as most cars have front end crashes. Just keep away from the self leveling ones..

By the self levelling ones, do you mean the Bi-Xenon's that come with the Titanium X model? Btw I have managed to get the rear LEDs from eBay. Both for £100.

1 hour ago, M_U_NAS said:

By the self levelling ones, do you mean the Bi-Xenon's that come with the Titanium X model? Btw I have managed to get the rear LEDs from eBay. Both for £100.

Yes, i think the inside binicle cover are silver on the bi-xenons, mine are charcole colour. Looks like you done well with the rear LEDs..:thumbs_up:

33 minutes ago, rocket_111 said:

Yes, i think the inside binicle cover are silver on the bi-xenons, mine are charcole colour. Looks like you done well with the rear LEDs..:thumbs_up:

Thanks mate ;) Let's hope I get as fortunate with front headlights as I did with the back.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:16 PM, rocket_111 said:

Hello again. So after much headache of trying to source the front headlights, I managed to get hold of a pair. I have now fitted both the back and front on the car. Only thing left is to get them activated, however there is an issue, which I'm hoping someone can help me out. I called up my local ford dealership and asked them to activate the lights, however they said they don't know how to? They stated that the lights should come on and stay on upon having them fitted. :unsure:

2 hours ago, M_U_NAS said:

Hello again. So after much headache of trying to source the front headlights, I managed to get hold of a pair. I have now fitted both the back and front on the car. Only thing left is to get them activated, however there is an issue, which I'm hoping someone can help me out. I called up my local ford dealership and asked them to activate the lights, however they said they don't know how to? They stated that the lights should come on and stay on upon having them fitted. :unsure:

The dealer only has to use their computer in your OBD port to open up the ECU which has all your factory settings stored?  Here's an example,  #16 DRL (not switched on) use the drop down box to switch them on..:laugh:   takes all of 10minutes..meby2ebu.jpg 

• Like 3

The incompetence of some dealers really does astound me :wallbash:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rocket_111 said:

The dealer only has to use their computer in your OBD port to open up the ECU which has all your factory settings stored?  Here's an example,  #16 DRL (not switched on) use the drop down box to switch them on..:laugh:   takes all of 10minutes..meby2ebu.jpg 

Fantastic! I will go into the dealership today and show them the above image. Hopefully that should do it. Thanks for your support :thumbs_up:

i can picture the discussion at the dealership service desk.........

"er , computer says no......"

:-D

• Like 2