Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashcam - which one & where on a Mk 3.5 Titanium?

Linds

Thinking of getting a dashcam.

Which make would you recommend and why?

Where is it best to locate the dashcam, given the large plastic cover behind the mirror?

Finally, I have to admit to being utterly useless at diy!  I'd love the dashcam hard-wired in.  Who would you recommend I get to fit it for me?

15 hours ago, Linds said:

Thinking of getting a dashcam.

Which make would you recommend and why?

Where is it best to locate the dashcam, given the large plastic cover behind the mirror?

Finally, I have to admit to being utterly useless at diy!  I'd love the dashcam hard-wired in.  Who would you recommend I get to fit it for me?

I myself would highly recomend the "Mobius" dash cam as it very discrete and provides excellent image quality both day and night, A few other fellas here and it installed and also some have different types of dashcams including dual ones with a front + rear cam installed. There is a dash cam out there for everyone as there are a good few to choose from but basically boils down to your individual needs& requirements. Me personally I wanted something discrete (like an install + forget type of thing) and would do its job when needed I have had the "mobius" for over a year now and its been 100%. There is also a guy called "Techmoan" who reviews a lot of Dashcams, if you give a search on interent you will find his site no problem.

Hope this helps 

This is where I put mine:

post-17010-0-80725700-1452436845.thumb.j

You can still see the sensor in the footage, but I'm happy with it, as I wanted it tucked out of the way:

• Like 3

there are SO many cams out there, what you need to be careful of is paying over the odds for one.  The reason is, a lot of them are just rebranded Chinese units which can be brought for a fraction of the price

your biggest problem is actually the mounting, I was going to install a auto rain/light sensor at some point but like yourself, that would cause a problem for a camera that would remain in the middle of the screen.

I'm not sure if the plastic bit is solid enough to mount on to, and I'm fairly sure it will obstruct the view if you mount it lower down below the plastic which leaves having it off set to the side of the mirror, which isn't ideal and looks messy.  its a tough one, keep us posted tho!

I have a thinkware F750 front and rear cam

• Like 2

I have the mobius dash camera, as above if you search for the guy 'techmoan' on YouTube he takes one apart and extends the lens. Very easy to do, I've mounted the lens in the middle sensor bit. Very discreet and perfect for me. I would highly recommend it.

• Like 1

Ive got the Transcend pro100 very good. The pro200 came top in the auto express test .look on amazon for best price.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 11:39 AM, sonic113 said:

I myself would highly recomend the "Mobius" dash cam as it very discrete and provides excellent image quality both day and night, A few other fellas here and it installed and also some have different types of dashcams including dual ones with a front + rear cam installed. There is a dash cam out there for everyone as there are a good few to choose from but basically boils down to your individual needs& requirements. Me personally I wanted something discrete (like an install + forget type of thing) and would do its job when needed I have had the "mobius" for over a year now and its been 100%. There is also a guy called "Techmoan" who reviews a lot of Dashcams, if you give a search on interent you will find his site no problem.

Hope this helps 

Sonic113

Many thanks for this - I'll certainly take a look at Mobius. L

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Vinchenzo7 said:

I have the mobius dash camera, as above if you search for the guy 'techmoan' on YouTube he takes one apart and extends the lens. Very easy to do, I've mounted the lens in the middle sensor bit. Very discreet and perfect for me. I would highly recommend it.

Hi Vinchenzo7

I will take a look at techmoan ... for now I don't quite follow what you've said you've done (though I definitely LIKE "discreet and perfect"!).  Do you have any photos of your setup? L

• Like 1

20160202_163433.thumb.jpg.196c9ac612d76f

This is my view from the drivers seat, if I didn't tell you I had a dash cam then I don't think you would notice it at all.

20160202_163450.thumb.jpg.1c4fc587262177

So this is the side view. The unit is attached using velcro and the extended lens wire pushed in between the windscreen and plastic rain sensor cover.

20160202_163514.thumb.jpg.515390a57ed2f1

I've cut the plastic cover so that I can push the lens through. 

I think I need to trim abit more so that it is completely flush.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2016 at 5:02 PM, Vinchenzo7 said:

20160202_163433.thumb.jpg.196c9ac612d76f

This is my view from the drivers seat, if I didn't tell you I had a dash cam then I don't think you would notice it at all.

20160202_163450.thumb.jpg.1c4fc587262177

So this is the side view. The unit is attached using velcro and the extended lens wire pushed in between the windscreen and plastic rain sensor cover.

20160202_163514.thumb.jpg.515390a57ed2f1

I've cut the plastic cover so that I can push the lens through. 

I think I need to trim abit more so that it is completely flush.

Vincent great install there my friend. I dont have the rain sensor fitted to my focus but that has to be one of the best discrete installs I have seen with a dash cam fitted next to the rain sensor. Very discrete indeed,

Here is my install using a custom made bracket as I was not a fan of the suction cup type mounts.

post-45027-0-52952700-1453143508_thumb.jpost-45027-0-09336700-1453143525_thumb.j

Mobius is a great little camera. Its actually hard to believe how small it really is lol!

2 hours ago, sonic113 said:

Vincent great install there my friend. I dont have the rain sensor fitted to my focus but that has to be one of the best discrete installs I have seen with a dash cam fitted next to the rain sensor. Very discrete indeed,

Here is my install using a custom made bracket as I was not a fan of the suction cup type mounts.

post-45027-0-52952700-1453143508_thumb.jpost-45027-0-09336700-1453143525_thumb.j

Mobius is a great little camera. Its actually hard to believe how small it really is lol!

I sometimes forget I even have it installed because I can't see it haha

Yours looks great, I probably would had done the same as you if I didn't have the rain sensor. Yeah, the camera is great considering the size of it.

Overall, a brilliant piece of kit :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club