#16 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:33 AM

Okay, just got back from London, haven't checked properly yet but I averaged 42.5mpg, have covered a total distance of around 280 miles and have about 60 odd miles remaining.

So according to my original displayed 280 miles remaining from a full tank, I've gotten 60 miles for free! :lol: That's even with driving quite aggressively, lots of stop start traffic in London. (leaving at rush hour is never a good idea) and reaching 80mph on the odd occasion on the motorway.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 titanium_s_spec

titanium_s_spec

Local Rep: Hertfordshire (Spelling Bee Champ)

• FOC Supporters
  • 726 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk7 mountune

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

got my tyres filled with nitrogen the other day apparently lasts longer in the tyre keeping presure correct for longer also gives a harder ride and there seems to be less roll when cornering so we shall see how it does.http://www.uniflate.com/

#18 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:32 PM

You know that air is nearly 80% nitrogen anyway right? I hope you didn't pay to have 'nitrogen' pumped into your tyres. I will be amazed if you notice any difference.

#19 titanium_s_spec

titanium_s_spec

Local Rep: Hertfordshire (Spelling Bee Champ)

• FOC Supporters
  • 726 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk7 mountune

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

You know that air is nearly 80% nitrogen anyway right? I hope you didn't pay to have 'nitrogen' pumped into your tyres. I will be amazed if you notice any difference.

no i did not pay and yes i do notice the difference on cornering and also in mpg have a read on that site i posted.

#20 sussex

sussex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Ford Model: Was - 1.4 Zetec / Now - 1.6 ZS

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:57 AM

I did overinflate my tires but found it a harder, noiser ride and MPG did increase but have decided to go down to the norm.

#21 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:36 PM

I was wondering if any of you guy's can tell me if increasing the back tyre pressure to 27 will make any difference? How does the car handle with the tyres o the maximum load pressure?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users