• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pezza

pezza

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: none
Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

Hi guys, I'm new to these forums but wondered if you could help me out with a few things.

I have a W reg mk5 fiesta.

It all started a few days ago when the exhaust screwed up. Part of it was literally hanging off the car. I took it too one garage and they quoted a whole new exhaust. Took it somewhere else and they claimed all I needed was a new Cat Convertor. After agreeing to this and paying 200 I drove the car home. Once I got home i noticed something leaking from the bottom of the car. It certainly wasnt oil and so I figured they'd topped up my washer liquid as I new that had a leak in.

The next day I took the car out and suddenly the red temperature guage came on and off every few minutes. After arriving home I noticed there wasnt a drop of coolant in the coolant tank and so im guessing this was causing the overheating. It was also making a very loud rattling noise when revving just before I got home.

Do you think the garage have caused a leak? I've checked the oil and its still a dark black, and Im pretty sure it's not mixing with the coolant. I'm taking it back to the garage tomorrow.

Shall I just fill the cooling system with distilled water for the drive there?

Thanks a lot

Alex

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users