Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Brake kit

@reece

Hi all, was just wondering to install st brakes on a tdci comfort. I've got a slight idea on doing it but not entirely sure, 

Like plumbing and electrics in the home, if you're not 100% sure of what you're doing with the brakes leave well alone

• Like 2

12 hours ago, @reece said:

Hi all, was just wondering to install st brakes on a tdci comfort. I've got a slight idea on doing it but not entirely sure, 

If you get it wrong . . .  you won't be entirely sure you're going to stop  . . . . leave well alone is my advice

Brakes really aren't difficult, everyone starts somewhere, no-one just immediately knows how to do these things! Obviously if it's your first go, good idea to have them checked by someone with a bit of experience as soon as possible. :)

Are you asking what parts you need to fit them (longer hoses etc?) or a quick guide to fitting them? 

• Like 2

I've done mechanics before so I'm not fresh just needed to know would I need to change the rear hubs to fit the discks.

Here's a guide I found on here, that Dee_82 posted in another thread, back in March, about converting drums to disc on a Focus

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=26327

The actual thread is here

This a Fiesta drum to disc conversion, rather than a Focus but it would give you an idea of what's involved

• Like 1