Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Put some 4D carbon wrap on my stereo trim :-)

djsubtronic

I realised I could have made a guide after I'd already finished, but it's pretty simple to do so here's some pics.

It looks much nicer in real than in the pics.

I did have to do it twice, so a couple of things I'd suggest:

1. It's pretty easy to remove the wrap and it leaves no residue. Good to know if you plan to remove it at a later date.
  2. The first time, I left only a few mm extra around the outside and inner edges which turned out to be a bad idea as it wouldn't stick on the sides. When I fitted it back to the car, I used a credit card to tuck the bits sticking out. Overall it kinda ruined the final result. The second time around I left a good 1-2cm extra around the edges and used a hairdryer liberally to soften and fold in, and then stick to the rear side of the trim. Nothing left sticking out, and it fitted back in without any issues.

I'm still debating whether to do the rest of the interior silver trim but I wanna keep it simple so I might leave the rest of the trim alone. It'll give a little more contrast to the interior as well.

IMG_20160203_205718.jpg

IMG_20160203_205712.jpg

Next up: steering wheel cover and gear/handbreak gaiters.

• Like 3

done same mate make hell of difference from boring silver,took of wrap on chrome part on gear stick thought was too muchpost-64513-0-91862700-1433532086_thumb.jpost-64513-0-39490900-1433532104_thumb.j

• Like 2

Very nice job guy's, where did you get the carbon fibre from? I am thinking of doing the same on my car. Is it easy to do?

Aj I don't think yours was to much, I recon it looked mint, was it a pain to do the heated switches, centre console and garage door? looking to do the same on mine. Cheers lad's. Chris.

6 hours ago, wilto said:

Very nice job guy's, where did you get the carbon fibre from? I am thinking of doing the same on my car. Is it easy to do?

Aj I don't think yours was to much, I recon it looked mint, was it a pain to do the heated switches, centre console and garage door? looking to do the same on mine. Cheers lad's. Chris.

most of it was done in car apart from cd player surround and around heater switches which took of and done on house, quite easy to do, just clean part properly, be patient and a steady hand while cutting. Going to change mine to shiny black soon, bit bored of carbon fibre, need a change

Very nice @ajzetecs, I'm still in two minds whether to do the bottom half but for now I think I'll leave it.

@wilto this is the one I got: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321057365400?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=510097150667&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

3 hours ago, djsubtronic said:

Very nice @ajzetecs, I'm still in two minds whether to do the bottom half but for now I think I'll leave it.

@wilto this is the one I got: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321057365400?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=510097150667&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

get rest done will look much better, that part under heater buttons was the worst to do wasnt sure how to remove it, never wanted to break something, but you may know how to take of, have a go, wrap is cheap these days, just buy extra incase do wrong then can learn for next time.

Also worth trying hydro dipping

56b680f6a4cae_ImageUploadedByFordOC14548

56b6810831014_ImageUploadedByFordOC14548

56b68118a2a6c_ImageUploadedByFordOC14548

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 2

Very nice mate, how much does that cost, if you don't mind me asking.

loving the hydro dipped parts very nice. does any body know how to take all the parts out please as want to re do mine