Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Constant Overboost

hencyber12

Accelerating briskly off of some roundabouts on a dual carriageway the other day I noticed that at full acceleration the overboost seemed to kick in mid way through the rev range. Is this normal and is there any way of keeping the overboost on all the time? Is this similar to what the mountune map does?

Sounds like turbo kicking in not overboost as overboost just kicked it for 30s if a remember when gunning it unless the roundabouts are far apart lol and no you can't and mountune map doesn't keep it on lol but he cn get a remap to increase power bud 

• Like 1

i agree with above- just normal driving my car very rarely goes above 2,500 rpm and not much boost but if i want to play I increase the revs and i can feel the turbo kick in 

The turbo isn't active until around 2000rpm so if you drive below that rpm the car will feel really sluggish.

Overboost is only offered on the 125 bhp. 140bhp and ST versions and as said, is limiting full throttle boost to 30 seconds.

That boost feeling you get Is the turbo so enjoy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mills705 said:

i agree with above- just normal driving my car very rarely goes above 2,500 rpm and not much boost but if i want to play I increase the revs and i can feel the turbo kick in 

A think once weather is better get it right up to the limiter and enjoy :P ps 2nd gear goes to 65!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Willy said:

The turbo isn't active until around 2000rpm so if you drive below that rpm the car will feel really sluggish.

Overboost is only offered on the 125 bhp. 140bhp and ST versions and as said, is limiting full throttle boost to 30 seconds.

That boost feeling you get Is the turbo so enjoy.

Hmm I'm not sure I explained myself very well. Ok so the car was warm and i was accelerating (full throttle) off of a roundabout and at about 4 or 5k RPM it seemed like the overboost cut in, literally like someone had pressed a switch mid way through, it wasn't linear. I was just wondering if this was normal as i've never felt it before

Either you took it to the red line without realising or it went into limp mode?

Is your car mapped or standard as I had similar issues with a bluefin map years ago.

I think I got the wrong end of the stick.

Ignore this comment [emoji13]

• Like 1

We're you in third coming off the roundabout. You floored it and nothing really happened then all the power came at once.?

• Like 1

Or even 2nd and slow speed gives a similar affect.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club