Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wot code reader?

ippy

:mellow: A m8 at work plugged his reader into my car it was a maxiscan eobd II but it came up with some communication error I think it is cos my car is a 2003 diesel and I read somewhere that they are good for cars 2004 on I also noticed reader was 16 pin plug  but I only seem to have 8 pins that make connection the plug fits ok so my question is what is the best reader for my car, 

You need one compatible with OBD only not OBDii as your car uses the earlier version.

OBDii only came to Ford petrols in 2001 and diesels in 2004, prior to that it was just OBD (aka EOBD).

This one will cover your car and also read OBDii models if necessary-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-FORD-FAULT-CODE-READER-CAR-ENGINE-SCANNER-DIAGNOSTIC-RESET-EOBD-OBD2-CAN-BUS-/391167702239?hash=item5b136974df:g:tdwAAOSwstxVdMbX

Thanks for the reply stoney, I had a look at the plug in my car and I can only see 7 pin holes that make connections (if that makes any sense) 3 along the top and 4 along the bottom, also on the details of that scanner says 2001 for petrol 2004 for diesel :unsure:

It's common for an eobd socket to only have half the pins populated.

32 minutes ago, ippy said:

also on the details of that scanner says 2001 for petrol 2004 for diesel :unsure:

That's exactly what I said in my post ???

After 2004 the Ford diesels went to obdii from eobd.

Ok m8 thanks for clearing that up for me im off to order it now :smile:

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 7:32 AM, Stoney871 said:

You need one compatible with OBD only not OBDii as your car uses the earlier version.

OBDii only came to Ford petrols in 2001 and diesels in 2004, prior to that it was just OBD (aka EOBD).

This one will cover your car and also read OBDii models if necessary-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-FORD-FAULT-CODE-READER-CAR-ENGINE-SCANNER-DIAGNOSTIC-RESET-EOBD-OBD2-CAN-BUS-/391167702239?hash=item5b136974df:g:tdwAAOSwstxVdMbX

I managed to get hold of the exact same one from a mate at work plugged it in and it came up with 'link error' and would not work on my car :angry: so back to square 1 :huh:

That's wot I thought, think i'll stick to the dash trick for now

thanks for your help though  stoney

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club