Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone else built an ST replica?..

S40Un

As above really, has anyone built an st replica ? 

Post your pics 

this is my 1.6 tdci auto,. I love Focus ST's but I'm disabled so luckily I found one with engine damage cheap & swapped the bits over. 

I just need to fit the side skirts & colour code the plastic door strips & swap the rear drums for the disks 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Very nice! I want to get a nice exhaust on my car but with it being a diesel I am worried about how it will sound with a louder exhaust, how does yours sound?

Just puchased st front bumper for my mk2.5 will get rear st bumper, then a twin 3" exhaust from powerflow, have no intensions of coping but prefer these bumpers than my zetec s56ae7461ca11d__57.thumb.JPG.394852bdb8fc

• Like 2

Nice , that's how I started. I only wanted the st spoiler originally.

10 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Very nice! I want to get a nice exhaust on my car but with it being a diesel I am worried about how it will sound with a louder exhaust, how does yours sound?

I had a hollowed out dpf & absolutely straight through exhaust into the st power flow twin pipes. 

It wasn't too over the top but I got fed up with it & put a silencer in the middle. 

These videos are not me but this is exactly how it sounded 

• Like 1

Love the sound of the second one but not the black smoke xD Nice one for the videos!

2 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Love the sound of the second one but not the black smoke xD Nice one for the videos!

whats black smoke of, is it the dpf removal or just a cat back on a diesel?

Just now, ajzetecs said:

whats black smoke of, is it the dpf removal or just a cat back on a diesel?

I think it's because of the DPF removal, my dads Focus has no DPF and that gets black smoke but mums Mondeo and my Focus don't get any at all and we both have DPF's.  

1 minute ago, Ryan_Tango said:

I think it's because of the DPF removal, my dads Focus has no DPF and that gets black smoke but mums Mondeo and my Focus don't get any at all and we both have DPF's.  

thought that may be case, a know de cats can cause black smoke which not to my liking, looks bit unhealthy, want straight through in next few month but dont want black smoke if that casues it, pleased dont have dpf on 1,8 tdci

Decats were awesome back when they passed MOTs...  I miss coaling the tailgaters... :sad: 

You will always get black smoke on any diesel without a DPF, I'll bet even your 1.8 smokes when you give it a boot but you just can't see it from the drivers seat!  The 1.8s do only have a cat though, they never had a DPF.  A remap will inevitably make it smoke more at the top of the rev range, you're getting out of the turbo's efficiency range and the MAF will be out of it's main calibration area as well.  The better (usually more expensive!) the remap is, the less smoke there's likely to be though.

The black smoke on diesels is perfectly normal,

it's just soot really. 

Extremely excessive black smoke on standard diesels is normally a blocked egr valve , faulty injectors or intercooler Leaks causing over fueling.

most dieseis will produce a light flow of this black smoke hence that horrible black gunk they gatheres on your boot lid. 

Theres also re maps you  can have to make this smoke.

my focus hardly produced any smoke with the straight through exhausts & dpf delete , not sure if this is because of my best of both Eco / performance remap , although my landy has a similar map & my god you need fog lights on if your driving behind me ha ha.

regards to mot , I hollowed out my dpf by cutting it open on the factory welds & re welding it up after 

so it looks unmolestered 

mot guy said its running clean every year lol 

Shaun, the rides looking sweet. 5 dr skirts are very hard to get a hold of but keep an eye out on eBay.

i wouldnt bother getting the door strips changed, it looks fine as it is. you might wanna add wind deflectors and a front splitter!

you could always change the rear lights to facelift or led ones and maybe get the RS Parts diffuser on

look at my build thread to see how my focus style has changed over the years...cant find the link :wacko:

• Like 1

Car is looking good. I was planning on doing this with my focus but thanks to a change with my work I can get the real thing now. Mind you I am still trying to sell all the kit I had which I though I could easily get rid of but nope.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobbyDee said:

Car is looking good. I was planning on doing this with my focus but thanks to a change with my work I can get the real thing now. Mind you I am still trying to sell all the kit I had which I though I could easily get rid of but nope.

put the stuff up for sale on the forum!

2 hours ago, salsheikh said:

put the stuff up for sale on the forum!

I would but not currently got any pictures of the bodykit just now.

9 hours ago, salsheikh said:

Shaun, the rides looking sweet. 5 dr skirts are very hard to get a hold of but keep an eye out on ebay.

i wouldnt bother getting the door strips changed, it looks fine as it is. you might wanna add wind deflectors and a front splitter!

you could always change the rear lights to facelift or led ones and maybe get the RS Parts diffuser on

look at my build thread to see how my focus style has changed over the years...cant find the link :wacko:

Thanks , I've seen a few now & then come up on eBay but I quite like the 5 doors without the skirts actually. 

Ive got wind deflectors ,  not a bad shout with the splitter , I quite like those lips that go on the edge of the roof spoiler too 

8 hours ago, BobbyDee said:

Thanks , I'm sure you could sell it easy , there's a Car breakers  on eBay , Also seen them at shows called Focus city , they have a strong demand for st bits 

Your replica looking good too! Heres my replica

IMG_20160209_154342.jpg

• Like 1

I personally don't see the point in slapping a Zetec S, ST or RS badge on something that isn't one. You're just attracting attention to yourself & your car, which isn't always a good thing

And the logbook will always speak the truth

If however, you're doing everything apart from ST seats, steering & sill plates etc, so there are no badges, then fair enough

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I personally don't see the point in slapping a Zetec S, ST or RS badge on something that isn't one. You're just attracting attention to yourself & your car, which isn't always a good thing

And the logbook will always speak the truth

If however, you're doing everything apart from ST seats, steering & sill plates etc, so there are no badges, then fair enough

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Got to stay I agree that you shouldn't try to pass it off as something it isn't but as long as your not bragging about it being real I couldn't care less. I was gonna go for the replica look but thanks to a change in work I just bought the real thing.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see what your saying but , I like ST's, & I want an st but sadly they don't make automatic ones.

i only have one arm so I bought a real ST & made the best out of what I've got. 

The interior is just plain leather with fully adapted driving aids. 

Im quite honest to people it's a replica & you can clearly hear it's got a tractor engine :laugh:

• Like 2

I was wondering what your disability was but didn't like to ask lol.  Don't they put the ST engine in the Volvo's?  Must fit auto boxes to those as they're cruisers rather than sports cars?

I must admit, I don't like people badging small petrols as 'GTi's' with any car, but I don't see any problem fitting 'GTi' parts to lesser models.  I've always fitted GTi wheels and spoilers etc to previous cars, certainly wasn't trying to pass them off as the real thing though! :biggrin: 

• Like 2

Yeah I did think about the volvo engines with auto box but looking into it seemed to start seeming expensive / hard 

apparently ford changed the Volvo lump a little  so all the mounts ect would be all in the wrong places.  

I would certainly of done it, if I could though lol

• Like 1