Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had my car detailed and the results are AMAZING!

cgooderham94

So I picked up my Focus ST TDCI on Tuesday and told the dealer they weren't to clean or touch the paint work at all. They followed orders and I had the car booked in with a young lad, Elliot, who runs his own small business 'Detail Your Eye Candy' in Mildenhall, Suffolk. He was absolutely fantastic, knew exactly what he was on about, was really keen to help out and is incredibly skilled at detailing. I left my car with him overnight for him to start early the next day. He sent me picture updates throughout the day to let me know how things were going and when I should expect to pick up.

I chose to have Gtechniq C1, Gtechniq Wheel Armour and Swissvax Shield wax applied. Before this though, he thoroughly washed, decontaminated with a clay bar and machine polished the paint work to remove scratches caused during transit. Only after he was completely satisfied with the finish, he then applied the Gtechniq C1 and later the Swissvax and Gtechniq Wheel Armour.

And the results you may ask?? Take a look at the photos I have attached, they really don't do the finish justice but give you a pretty good idea. Elliot's skill, knowledge, attention to detail and complete love for his job completely exceeded all my expectations. I wanted to make this thread not only to show off the results but also for another reason. I think it's fantastic that someone so young and passionate about detailing is able to make a successful living out of it. For anyone in East Anglia or Suffolk and Cambridgeshire in particular, if you're considering paint correction or enhancement work, I would undoubtedly recommend him. His current portfolio on his website is a testament to his success and quite clearly shows he is fantastic at what he does. I genuinely am so impressed with the service he offered and am in love with my car even more now; such a deep shine and definitely adds to that 'head turning' factor.

What do you guys think??

Take a look at his site... http://www.detailyoureyecandy.co.uk

Post Detail - Front Drivers Wing.jpg

Post Detail - Front Passenger Wing.jpg

Post Detail - Front End.jpg

Post Detail - Rear Passenger Wing.jpg

Post Detail - Outside Front Passenger Wing.jpg

Post Detail - Outside Rear Drivers Wing.jpg

Before Correction.jpg

After Correction.jpg

Pillar Trim - Before Correction.jpg

Pillar Trim - After Correction.jpg

• Like 6

That is awesome tbh!

Is it rude to ask how much it cost lol?  Fairly local too...

14 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That is awesome tbh!

Is it rude to ask how much it cost lol?  Fairly local too...

His standard detail costs £250 and then you can choose to upgrade the protection, so I added the Gtechniq C1 and wheel armour and a top coat of Swiss vax shield. Cost me £350 in total.

Check his Facebook page out for more up to date shots of his latest work. Give him a like too if your impressed :) 

• Like 1

A little out of my budget then haha.  Does do an amazing job though, had a look at some of the others he's done as well!! :biggrin: 

Next car I buy, I want to have a proper detail done on it so I can just keep it 'topped up' after that. :smile: 

Looks good, hope he applied Exo V2 on the C1 for that price...

C1 is around £25 trade 30ml. I'd charge less than what he charged for C1 & Exov2 application if added to a detail

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

5 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

Looks good, hope he applied Exo V2 on the C1 for that price...

C1 is around £25 trade 30ml. I'd charge less than what he charged for C1 & Exov2 application if added to a detail

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

I'm sure there are some cheaper and some more expensive. I didn't really chose him based on price though, I've seen his work, he has over 10 years experience and that in itself is worth every penny I reckon. Proof's in the pictures!

• Like 1

I'm only saying that because

C1 is the hard protective coating

ExoV2 is the glossier more hydrophobic coating that bonds with it :) usually they're applied together! Car looks great though!!

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Car looks amazing love the stealth paint on the focus. It has an amazing gloss done right like yours. You where right not to let the dealers do the car the self employed valeters they usually use are shocking. I've been detailing not for 12 years and have seen far to much of the damage to paint caused be these idiots. Then had to rectify there mess. 

• Like 2

Stunning finish, looks like glass. Brings out that stealth colour so well, amazing depth to the finish

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StevenST13 said:

Car looks amazing love the stealth paint on the focus. It has an amazing gloss done right like yours. You where right not to let the dealers do the car the self employed valeters they usually use are shocking. I've been detailing not for 12 years and have seen far to much of the damage to paint caused be these idiots. Then had to rectify there mess. 

Thanks! Funny you say this, the reason I didn't allow the dealer to touch the car was because their valeters ruined my last car despite me not giving them permission to clean it during a vehicle health check. Lesson learnt though!

2 hours ago, bwoody said:

Stunning finish, looks like glass. Brings out that stealth colour so well, amazing depth to the finish

It really does, I never realised you could get the stealth to look like this.

• Like 1

You need to write something up and have them sign it next time it goes to a dealer.

Something along the lines of if it's washed they'll be responsible for paying a detailer to correct any damage 👍

• Like 2

That looks absolutely jeffing gorgeous, fair play he has done a brilliant job.  I wanted to start up my own detailing as it's a niche market around here but haven't got the funds.

• Like 2

I've just taken a booking for a 15 plate focus ST in Impact blue!

Full paint correction with Test nano Samples from Fireball Korea & wheels sealed with Talon. I have to admit.. the new colours Ford have gone with are amazing. Stealth is probably my favourite followed by Impact blue

Paint correction on a 15 plate?  What have they been doing to it!? :laugh:

It's horrendous.. it's the dealerships working 👍. Makes me laugh as I've offered to work for them as a trade thing before but they're happy with their on-site valeter... Hahahaha

Lol, they don't have to pay their valletters much for a quick jetwash, wipe with a gritty rag and dry with a blade...  Problem is, the cars do look 'nice' after a valet with service, and that's what most people want...they have no idea about swirls etc.

Was so disappointed yesterday when my Mum said she'd taken her new car through the car wash for the first time and it was really good...  Nooooo... :sad:

• Like 2

Oh no.. its a downwards spiral from here mate.. Haha!

Yeah people assume swirls are meant to be there.. breaks my heart..

Also the cars have no protection whatsoever. The most they ever get is "showroom shine" which even then, water sits on it like a pond! Haha

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Preecematt said:

That looks absolutely jeffing gorgeous, fair play he has done a brilliant job.  I wanted to start up my own detailing as it's a niche market around here but haven't got the funds.

I must admit, I would love to do the same in the future. Just not sure if theres enough money in it to make a reasonable living?

• Like 1

It's an extremely saturated market & it's extremely difficult to stick out above the rest. Personally I wouldn't recommend it. It's extremely difficult, expensive, whilst yes, it is rewarding & for me it's beginning to pay for its self financially

There's also a lot of clowns that think they're great, then charge £4 for a "wash and wax" using the cheapest generic rubbish off eBay & try to undercut you. Although people soon run back to me and pay reasonable prices to repair the damage inflicted by idiots :)

• Like 1

Wow that's stunning! 

In a few weeks dad will be collecting his car, and I'm really hoping the stealer hasn't inflicted many of the dreaded swirls...it's amazing what they think is acceptable on a new car, whether it's  £10k or £100k!

• Like 2

On 11 February 2016 at 7:41 PM, chrisroberson99 said:

Wow that's stunning! 

In a few weeks dad will be collecting his car, and I'm really hoping the stealer hasn't inflicted many of the dreaded swirls...it's amazing what they think is acceptable on a new car, whether it's  £10k or £100k!

Thankyou! Yeah I know, it's absolutely crazy, but the problem is, most people just aren't aware of the damage they do.

• Like 2