Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What should I look out for?

Jody Jones

Hi all

Just about to finally pick up my first Ford on Monday, it's a 12-plated Focus Titanium 1.6 diesel. Ideal for me and my small family.

As I'm new here I'm just wondering if there's any tips, ideas, advice, or anything worth knowing about the car - Quite a vague question I know, but anything you guys can tell me would be of benefit and greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jody

Just make sure the oil is changed regularly, likewise the fuel filter. Try to keep to branded rather than supermarket diesel, as this tends to have additives in it to help keep everything clean. Give it a hard run once or twice a week to keep the DPF clear. Above all, enjoy your new car, most of the bad stories relating to the 1.6 diesel are related to the earlier versions of Focus and have been sorted now (although I expect someone will prove me wrong).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you Jollyandy, sound advice...I'm hoping I don't get to prove you wrong at all :laughing:

12 hours ago, Jollyandy said:

Just make sure the oil is changed regularly, likewise the fuel filter. Try to keep to branded rather than supermarket diesel, as this tends to have additives in it to help keep everything clean. Give it a hard run once or twice a week to keep the DPF clear. Above all, enjoy your new car, most of the bad stories relating to the 1.6 diesel are related to the earlier versions of Focus and have been sorted now (although I expect someone will prove me wrong).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still rare occasions when the later 1.6 has a major failure (seen it first hand) , but now no different to any other engine out there. 

As andy says , drive it hard occasionaly . 

• Like 1

your biggest concern is the DPF, if its been driven poorly it might be full depending on millage, with a diesel you'd ideally want to see evidence of regular servicing, long distance  mileage and not driven around towns for the last 4 years,

• Like 1