Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync text messages

AdamWanderers

Hi all!

Just a quick question!

When I receive text messages my sync comes up saying 'Text message from' but doesn't say the contacts name like it would when receiving a call. With my old phone it would come up as from unknown but now it comes up with my own name. 

Does anybody know if it's possible to get the text notification to actually show the contact? I can listen to the message but it's not always obvious who it's from.

Using a HTC One M9 if that makes any difference.

Cheers!

22 hours ago, AdamWanderers said:

Hi all!

Just a quick question!

When I receive text messages my sync comes up saying 'Text message from' but doesn't say the contacts name like it would when receiving a call. With my old phone it would come up as from unknown but now it comes up with my own name. 

Does anybody know if it's possible to get the text notification to actually show the contact? I can listen to the message but it's not always obvious who it's from.

Using a HTC One M9 if that makes any difference.

Cheers!

mine just has the number too- I have no idea why it wont show the name, when i try and call people though i say call 'x' and x is called? its confusing :) 

Have you recently updated to Marshmallow? As if so this could be the reason why. I have the same issue with my S6 Edge running marshmallow, and I find the message loaded twice.

Hey all!

My contacts are synced to my car, the contact name shows up when I get calls!

I did update my phone very recently but the issue with not showing the number on texts has been happening since I got my car with three different phones.

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. Ford fiesta 13 plate zetec. I use a HTC one M7, with the most updated software. My car is running on version 3 and just thought it needed updating. I took it to my local Ford, and they tried to reset it and update it, but it turns out there is a problem  with the bluetooth module. They are getting a new one and have said it's a 2 day job as they need to take the dashboard out. Currently when a  text comes through even though I have all contacts on the car, it says unknown, so it's going to be sorted next week and will let you know how it gets on.

Cheers