Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Can anyone help source something random?

Ianb

Hey guys,

Quite random, but then we're all from many different walks of life, so I might as well try and ask...

I am after a plane wing (or horizontal stabiliser) as a project and I'm wondering if anyone:

• Has one?
  • Knows someone who has one?
  • Knows someone who knows someone who has one?
  • etc.....

As I said, quite random and I am doing a lot of looking about everywhere and with my own means, but asking here can't hurt...Perhaps someone knows a person that works at a plane breakers or something?!?!?

Thanks in advance! 

I probably shouldn't ask this but I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this

What are you going to do with a plane wing? Any particular plane, small Cessna or 747?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Haha... birdman outfit......not really, it's for a desk and for a side surface... potentially...

Well... One room which I could fill is about 4m long, however the only issue with this (regarding aircraft parts) is the longer they are the deeper they become... therefore as a surface I might find that half the room is gone at one end..

The other is a gap of about 2m max.

I know someone who built a small plane and flew it locally, and flew from his back garden( field with windsock in corner )

He doesnt fly anymore , and never seems to throw anything away. 

Will ask if he got a wing he dont want. 

My cousin has a plane, or rather he and his business partner co-own a plane.  He might know where a wing could be obtained, or whoever uses to service it, might know

Appreciate that guys, I've done the usual web searches, but actually knowing someone who knows someone is always better.

ummm, Sort of but also not....

I'd like to use the wing as the surface, the underneath will be infilled, and as for bending it..... might struggle with that :lol:

Of course, alternative is to buy some aluminium sheets and make the frame out of wood and bend and screw the aluminium onto it..

My cousin also flys, but he wont want to donate a wing of the plane he flys now .lol

Pilot of some middle east king/prince with billions to spare, so you can imagine the aircraft type and cost.

Hahah, my cousin is also a pilot out in Dubai, he flys for a commercial airline out there... 

They're the sort of people you'd think might know, but as you said, they're more interested in intact aircraft...

Yeah, the guy I know , his son is a pilot also and lives/flys out of dubai.ha ha . Probably the same carrier. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club