Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

General Forum??

jace1969

As in the title,is anybody joined to a good General forum or is there any which just talks about anything.

There are the general section on here and a lot more sites but just a General one on its own and that people have tried and tested.

Haven't heard of such a place, most forums tend to start because of a common interest... Unless you join the miscellaneous sections of the bodybuilding forum or reddit or something...neither of which I am part of, nor recommend...

52 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Haven't heard of such a place, most forums tend to start because of a common interest... Unless you join the miscellaneous sections of the bodybuilding forum or reddit or something...neither of which I am part of, nor recommend...

I only asked because i tend to put a few things on the General on here which is all fine but as this is car forum (ford) i was

just seeing if there are any,as you said a lot of places have it on there forums anyway so might not be much point.

Just was seeing if anyone come across any like a ''free for all'' where you ask anything,did see one a bit ago but would be a pain to run.

Forum set out like this but the menu was things like( cars.....house stuff.....health...........etc) then sub menu/topics.

Yeah, I know the likes of the money saver ones have a load of random bits, but again I guess forums thrive by numbers and initially you need something common to drag people into it in the first place... I'll keep my eyes out though :)

The general section of most forums tend to be the busiest, as you can post just about anything in them

But as Ian says they usually have some common interest, initially, or serve as a portal for customer support which then grows into a busy general forum and a less busy support forum. 

Even the less specific general forums sub-divide into subjects, politics, life, personal etc

http://thoughts.com/forums

That appears to be the only general discussion forum (that google serves up on page 1 of a search) that's not attached to something else, or an interest group, but you could argue "thoughts and thinking" are the special interest group:unsure:

• Like 1

I did go on one a year or so ago with loads of different topics on there,i mean loads of stuff.

It just went and cant see it now,i do use General on here a lot more and great advice on anything.

Just thought if any uses one but must be hard to run and update etc being so many stuff going on.

5 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I did go on one a year or so ago with loads of different topics on there,i mean loads of stuff.

It just went and cant see it now,i do use General on here a lot more and great advice on anything.

Just thought if any uses one but must be hard to run and update etc being so many stuff going on.

Why don't you look into building/making one?? Be quite interesting I'd imagine

I did have a hand in running one a few years ago - kind of fizzled out because there wasn't much we had in common.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SeanW said:

I did have a hand in running one a few years ago - kind of fizzled out because there wasn't much we had in common.

What's it like running a forum?  Is it easy or more complicated than it sounds

I only made my own Web page with a few links and that was bad enough,i think now any stuff that should

not go on you have a pop up system or something,can you imagine going and checking every topic for say language

or in wrong place for that topic then keeping it upto date with links and a nice bit more.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club