Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Remap - Worth it?

JayG90

Thinking about getting an engine remap. Do you think it's worth the cash or do you see no actual benefit? Do you actually feel there is a 13bhp boost in the car also? Is it actually true it helps with MPG?

I have a MK7 Fiesta Zetec S!

Thanks!

What engine?

As has been said before on here, no turbo = no point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

What engine?

As has been said before on here, no turbo = no point.

That's why I have been holding it off for so long, because it isn't a turbo! it's only a 1.6 petrol.
I was looking at changing cars, but work decided to lower my hours so can no longer afford a new one yet :(

Put the money on the remap into the pot and just keep saving if you want to change it.

Your unlikely to be able to feel much difference with a remap on that engine.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Put the money on the remap into the pot and just keep saving if you want to change it.

That's brilliant, thank you. Have been looking for a while into it and just never found enough to convince me and was working my finances out last night and thought may as well do some work to this car. But no point really considering as you said, may as well save the money!

Thanks again!

5 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I'd agree with that, maybe upgrade something else instead, maybe a new sub! ha

On 9 February 2016 at 0:39 PM, JayG90 said:

Thinking about getting an engine remap. Do you think it's worth the cash or do you see no actual benefit? Do you actually feel there is a 13bhp boost in the car also? Is it actually true it helps with MPG?

I have a MK7 Fiesta Zetec S!

Thanks!

I see your question has already kinda been answered, but thought this would be worth mentioning...

I too drive a 2011 Fiesta Mk7 ZS with the 1.6 petrol engine, and have been considering a remap by a company called DK Tuning (based in Wolverhampton so just down the road from me.) They reckon they can squeeze it up to about 138 with just a map, for £250.

At work a couple days back, I got talking to a client about cars, and I soon discovered he also drives the same car as us... Anyway long story short, he said the first thing he did to his in terms of mods was a remap. According to him, the difference was night and day- which really surprised me as I was hugely sceptical of the benefits of remapping N/A engines. Apparently, not only was it a whole second quicker to 60, but also the "drivability" was vasty improved, with flat spots ironed out.

Needless to say, I'm really considering this map now. First on my list though is a pipercross induction kit, just for the noise it makes:biggrin:

• 1 month later...
On 10/02/2016 at 6:57 PM, chappers96 said:

I see your question has already kinda been answered, but thought this would be worth mentioning...

I too drive a 2011 Fiesta Mk7 ZS with the 1.6 petrol engine, and have been considering a remap by a company called DK Tuning (based in Wolverhampton so just down the road from me.) They reckon they can squeeze it up to about 138 with just a map, for £250.

At work a couple days back, I got talking to a client about cars, and I soon discovered he also drives the same car as us... Anyway long story short, he said the first thing he did to his in terms of mods was a remap. According to him, the difference was night and day- which really surprised me as I was hugely sceptical of the benefits of remapping N/A engines. Apparently, not only was it a whole second quicker to 60, but also the "drivability" was vasty improved, with flat spots ironed out.

Needless to say, I'm really considering this map now. First on my list though is a pipercross induction kit, just for the noise it makes:biggrin:

Sorry about not replying, I'm hardly ever at home to even look at the forum recently. Would this be considered depending on the person who tunes it? As the place I'd use say they'll get about 12bhp out of it. I can't afford a new car anytime soon as much as I was hoping as work have lowered our hours by half (we were getting tons of over time and now it's back to contracted hours)... As I was going to trade in and get something more 'fuel friendly', just took it for it's MOT on Monday and they've said I've done 25,000 miles in a year, yeah, I nearly had a heart attack also only because it failed on brake pads which I changed myself anyway!