Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering springs or coilovers?

Joshmcgarrigle
聽Share

Hi guys,

Just wondering as to which is better, lowering springs or coilovers ? And what is the best height to have them at? As I'd really like to eliminate the arch gap on my fiesta !

Also, which brand are the best of each and where is the best place to get them? 馃槉

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Coil overs are better as they have adjustable height. Springs you only get one setting and not much variation. This is why coil overs cost more money, they are more flexible. Think the best coil overs to be looking for are Eibach, as Ford sell them. Other popular contender is Prosport I believe. In terms of springs, you want Eibach again, although many people use H&R or Apex.

• 4 months later...
On 2/9/2016 at 4:44 PM, Joshmcgarrigle said:

Hi guys,

Just wondering as to which is better, lowering springs or coilovers ? And what is the best height to have them at? As I'd really like to eliminate the arch gap on my fiesta !

Also, which brand are the best of each and where is the best place to get them? 馃槉

Thanks!

this is old so you have probably sorted it, but just to give you, or anyone else that reads,聽the right info: coil overs are more expensive than just the lowering聽springs. NOT because they are adjustable (they are adjustable though) but because you also get the up-rated shock absorbers too! if you get decent coil-overs you might even get up-rated top mounts, if your lucky! the springs are just...springs. they fit over your standard shock absorbers and the only thing they change is your ride height. I modified my fiesta ecoboost, had a 2013 100PS one. put a lot of pumaspeed parts on it, had it running around 180 PS, and one day i was driving down the road and heard creaking noises. Took it home and the suspension was leaking oil (due to the extra power) so if you wanna run extra power through your car, i suggest using coilovers for the better shock absorbers. If you just want it lower, then springs all the way :)聽

• Like 1