Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluefin just installed

Andru

I can see where all the hype comes from with the bluefin. Mine was delivered today and when I got home from work at 7pm I decided to install it. Don't believe the manual what's it says the read them write takes 20 minutes each, mine from less than 5 for the read write. I upload my original map and had an instant email saying my modded map was ready as it was in the database. Another 5 minutes to install it and a quick 2 mile test drive. 

All I can say in that short drive is wow!! What a difference it makes to the car the pull in the gears in incredible, there is now pull in 5 th what's I found now really beforehand. I'm looking forward to tomorrow to give it a longer run but so far so good it's totally changed the car. 

One quick question, they do a mod for the 140 BHP to around 35 more. Is it possible to load the 140 software onto ours so we can take ours upto 175? From what I have read it seems to be only the remap and software that differs, unless there is different hardware which I haven't read about. 

• Like 1

All the maps take the car upto 150ish bhp regardless of it being 100 125 or 140 ps

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

All the maps take the car upto 150ish bhp regardless of it being 100 125 or 140 ps

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Not true bud

The 100 one goes to around 139

The 125 goes to 154

The 140 goes to 174 :)

The reason the 140 goes that high is there is slight changes to engine thicker head gasket etc

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paramanic said:

Not true bud

The 125 goes to 154

The reason the 140 goes that high is there is slight changes to engine thicker head gasket etc

Would it be safe to do the 100 - 154 then? (Would you have to do a 100-139, then to 154?)

Not true bud

The 125 goes to 154

Would it be safe to do the 100 - 154 then? (Would you have to do a 100-139, then to 154?)

To be honest a don't know

For it to go same as 125 personally a don't see why not as the 125 and 100 are the same but am sure the gear ratios are slightly different but don't quote me on this and would message superchips to make sure it would be okay

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paramanic said:

For it to go same as 125 personally a don't see why not as the 125 and 100 are the same but am sure the gear ratios are slightly different but don't quote me on this and would message superchips to make sure it would be okay

Would do! I understand the Zetec S has the bodykit, lower ride height (and stiffer) so presumed it maybe just a remap to make it initially 125 over the 100. (But probably has bigger intercooler or something?) Would ask if I wanted to go more, but if i did I would prob stick at the 100-> 139 to save any engine damage for having too much

Would do! I understand the Zetec S has the bodykit, lower ride height (and stiffer) so presumed it maybe just a remap to make it initially 125 over the 100. (But probably has bigger intercooler or something?) Would ask if I wanted to go more, but if i did I would prob stick at the 100-> 139 to save any engine damage for having too much

Right been contacting some people I know one is a Ford technician and other is a powertrain manufacturer at Ford

The 100 and 125 is exact same except exhaust valves are different he couldn't go I to detail so there is a difference

The 125 and 140 only difference is head gasket is thicker for lower compression ratios but he said he can tune a 1.0l to 205 with standard head gasket in the 125model and still be fine

Gonna talk to superchips next and have a chat about things for ma car :-P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paramanic said:

Right been contacting some people I know one is a Ford technician and other is a powertrain manufacturer at Ford

The 100 and 125 is exact same except exhaust valves are different he couldn't go I to detail so there is a difference

The 125 and 140 only difference is head gasket is thicker for lower compression ratios but he said he can tune a 1.0l to 205 with standard head gasket in the 125model and still be fine

Wow interesting nice one! Always wanted to know that. So in essence you don't need the thicker head gasket to get to 205 bhp (although obviously recommended since ford did it for 140). And potentially all you would need to do with a 100bhp one is change the exhaust valves? 

Wow interesting nice one! Always wanted to know that. So in essence you don't need the thicker head gasket to get to 205 bhp (although obviously recommended since ford did it for 140). And potentially all you would need to do with a 100bhp one is change the exhaust valves? 

You don't need the head gasket at all for higher hp cars but the way that map has to work with lower compression from the 140ps (talking about using the higher remap from bluefin) it would need head gasket to work for the 100 yeah pretty Much buddy