Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

alexp999

Nav seems to be a bit more responsive.

But only listed changes I have seen are siri eyes free support and auto reconnect for phone pairing.

• Like 1

I see that the extracted files still show zip archives, do I need to extract any further files or just the 3 base folders?

Just extract the main zip file the car does the rest. You should have two files and a syncmyride folder on the root of your USB. Doesn't matter if other stuff is present. It just reads the autoinstall file and that tells the car which files to use from the syncmyride folder.

• Like 2

Just might be a bit smoother in places and it will now reconnect your phone automatically if it gets disconnected.

Haven't had it loaded long enough to notice much else.

• Like 1

I'll find out myself once updated.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quick update added to the first post:

I have read that you may need a minimum of the F4 SD card or newer, however everyone with Sync 2 in the EU should have F4 following the recall (if you have Nav fitted).

• 3 weeks later...

How often do updates come out. i tried the above update but its older or the same level as the software i have now 

2016-03-02 19.19.42.jpg

2016-03-02_19.19.58.jpg

3 minutes ago, james_60 said:

How often do updates come out. i tried the above update but its older or the same level as the software i have now 

2016-03-02 19.19.42.jpg

2016-03-02_19.19.58.jpg

Admin/mods whatever i do my pictures come up upside down :-( 

It depends when yours was built. You can keep an eye out for major updates on the wiki page for MyFord_Touch. Ford release small bug fixes all the time but we can only download the major releases from what I can see.

• Like 1

@alexp999 are you able to rotate my pictures hehe and remove my duplicate :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

my car was built 17/10/15 :-) 

At least I know that I have the latest software :-)

Thankyou Alex

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo Alex.

My SYNC II is saying that my type of currently supported SD card is F3. Does it mean that if i am not planning to buy the new updated map card (F4,F5), the SYNC will no longer support my F3? Thank you.

They did a recall in the UK for the F3 card and gave everyone a free upgrade to the F4.

I assumed that they did this for all of Europe.

Have you checked Etis, to see if there is an Outstanding Field service Action for the Sat Nav card on your car?

Thank you Alex for your reply. I am quite confused about the ETIS page. I went to the vehicle - vehicle lookup (entered my VIN no. ) - and i am in vehicle summary section now. Should i see any info about some servis action over there? Because i really have no info about the recall due to the F3 navi cards in Slovakia.

Btw. in the meantime i have wrote an email directly to Ford about the F versions of maps in SD cards. And their reply was that it should not have any effect on what version of SYNC II do i have. It basically means only what versions of maps do i have - the bigger number the newer maps.

• Like 1

On the left hand side of the vehicle summary page there should be a box which says outstanding field service actions.

I'll get a screensaver of mine next time I'm on the PC.

On 2/10/2016 at 11:54 PM, Stoney871 said:

I'll find out myself once updated.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Any news on the update   Colin

Before the update my system kept re-indexing my memory stick media files at random times, occasionally forgetting the last played track & starting playback from a random track, that has stopped happening.

Other than that there isn't a big difference (touch sensitivity may be a bit better though).

Sent from my SM-G930F

Hey

I too would be interested when an update is released

Jamie

Hi there, do you know if this update will stop my 'battery saver- shutting down' problem? Got the car on Thursday and this started on Sunday night.

2 minutes ago, Muprichard said:

Hi there, do you know if this update will stop my 'battery saver- shutting down' problem? Got the car on Thursday and this started on Sunday night.

I wouldn't think so. You might just need to do some long journeys to get the battery charged up. Has the car been sat around a bit since it was built? Otherwise you'll need to take it back to the dealer to have the battery checked.

• Like 2