Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

alexp999

Hey, this is my first message, although ive been following the forum from months.

One simply question: is there any problem with the five year warranty if i install the update? I know its an official one but the dealears usually suck.

I've got a 5yr warranty.

Technically if it all goes wrong during the update, the warranty will not cover the cost of putting it right, but it won't void the warranty on the whole car.

It depends on the dealer whether they can even tell you caused it to go wrong.

If you say it just crashed (not a lie), they will probably fix it under warranty anyway.

Choice is ultimately up to you though.

55 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I've got a 5yr warranty.

Technically if it all goes wrong during the update, the warranty will not cover the cost of putting it right, but it won't void the warranty on the whole car.

It depends on the dealer whether they can even tell you caused it to go wrong.

If you say it just crashed (not a lie), they will probably fix it under warranty anyway.

Choice is ultimately up to you though.

Ok mate, thanks. I ll contact the dealer

Dealer will tell you not to do it.

They also won't update it for you, unless it is to fix a problem.

• Like 1

I contacted the dealer and they told me that, as long as the update is an official ford update, there is no problem.

Dealers... no comment

By the way, the update is an official one isnt it?? ;)

Yes you can see the url is a *.ford.com domain.

So the update file is official, it is only the process which is unofficial.

8 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Yes you can see the url is a *.ford.com domain.

So the update file is official, it is only the process which is unofficial.

Finally i updated it. Thx for all the info Alex

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This guide is excellent, thanks. However didn't fix my two problems with my DAB or my iPod! And it didn't give me AppLink which the americans have had since Sync 2 came out over there!

Any ideas on when the next one is likely to be released?

Hallo Alex,

i also want to check what Language pack from the ones you have provided fit directly to my SYNC. That is why i wanna ask can you tell where exactly on the India Ford page can i check which language pack is linked to my VIN? (I am already registered on Ford India) 

Thank you

You have to get the Ford India owners site to download it and put it on your USB stick.

Then you can browser through the folders and see what lang packs are included in the zip.

It is not that straight forward, I had to go routing around the files it downloads.

7 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

You have to get the Ford India owners site to download it and put it on your USB stick.

Then you can browser through the folders and see what lang packs are included in the zip.

It is not that straight forward, I had to go routing around the files it downloads.

Ah so...so another word, when i will download the update already from the Ford India page that will provide me the files according my VIN. I do not need to download it additionally from the links you have posted? :)

The latest version is F6.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

I'm thinking to upgrade my SYNC 2 as well, and have the same version number as in your first pic.

I'm a little confused though. Your pics says you go from version 4.32.14073 to version 3.08.15128. 

Going from 4.32 to 3.08 looks to me as downgrading. Unless it is the latter number that represents the real version number, going from 14073 to 15128.

Just want to be sure.

Yes the second number is the version number. So 14073 to 15128.

Afaik it won't let you downgrade the version anyway. It will just not update if the one you try is older.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2016 at 9:19 AM, alexp999 said:

They did a recall in the UK for the F3 card and gave everyone a free upgrade to the F4.

I assumed that they did this for all of Europe.

Have you checked Etis, to see if there is an Outstanding Field Service Action for the Sat Nav card on your car?

My car, a 3.5 Focus, was registered Nov 14, I bought it Sept 15 via Ford direct. When I started reading up about this I checked my nav and found it is f2. I e mailed the dealer I bought the car from, Evans Halshaw, but didn't get a reply. It is due for service soon so I will ask again when I take it in.

• Like 1

Hi,

Many thanks for the info and files for updating sync, does anyone know if this'll work on my car?
It's a 2012 Focus and I can't quite work out what version of Sync I have or what the benefits would be? (hopefully better voice recogninction, and song names for bluetooth streaming).

Thanks!

IMG_3517 (1).jpg

2 minutes ago, Focusford12 said:

Hi,

Many thanks for the info and files for updating sync, does anyone know if this'll work on my car?
It's a 2012 Focus and I can't quite work out what version of Sync I have or what the benefits would be? (hopefully better voice recogninction, and song names for bluetooth streaming).

Thanks!

IMG_3517 (1).jpg

No, you've got Sync gen 1. I haven't found direct links for that yet.

• Like 1

I carried out this update yesterday.  easy to do. I got a little worried when it got stuck installing file 3 of 16 but it did it in the end.  Must have been the biggest file.

I was having problems connecting my Ipod, sometimes it would connect and other times it wouldn't.  But now the system fully recognises it.

• Like 2

Can anyone help.

I have been following this subject for some time now. My 2014 Titanium X was sold to me last September, via Ford direct. It has a f2 nav card.

At the top of this topic it is stated that the nav should have been updated to f4 on a recall.

It is due for service soon and I want to see if I can get mine updated when I take it in. The dealer has not responded to my e mails so far.

Is there anywhere I can find any confirmation or details of the recall, so I can show the dealer that the nav should have been updated before I bought it?

If I can get the nav update I can think about the sync update.

Thanks in advance.

what is the latest map version for the sync 2 myford touch ?

Jamie

F5 is the latest afaik. I had one of the first mk3.5 and that had an f3 card which were the ones recalled. Didn't know they ever built them with f2.

• Like 1

Thanx Alex :-) :-)

Jamie

If you put your reg in etis that should tell you if there is an outstanding recall for the SD card upgrade.

I can't remember if my Focus was f2 or f3 it shipped with now.

Hi thanks for the info.

My car is a 3.5 registered Nov 14 and the sync system shows f2. I tried the etis system, very interesting, but it says no campaign messages, or something like that. I guess that means nothing outstanding?

If so will have to try an "alternative route".