Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

alexp999

Success!

I have installed the update on my Sync2 in my Galaxy MK3. 
Everything went fine, german langage is installed also.

It seems a little bit faster now, but I haven't been able to test everything yet.
All settings are lost when updating (was to be expected), and a mobile phone needs to be paired anew.

2017-02-14 15.31.08.png

• Like 1

Yeah mine upgraded as well Thanks

It does lose any recent locations in the Sat Nav and you need to re-bond your phone and I also notice it also didn't save any wifi settings (but that's pretty pointless on a sync 2) 

• Like 1

To the people that have applied the 3.10 update shared by Bannko, what version were you updating from?

I would like the link please version 3.08 i think from my piccy below

Jamie

2016-12-02 12.33.41.jpg

Also just updated from 3.08.15128 and seems to have installed ok.

Will test over the coming days.

Thanks for sharing Bannko!

• Like 1

Is there a changelog ?

What are the differences

Jamie

2 minutes ago, james_60 said:

Is there a changelog ?

What are the differences

Jamie

The new software update for SYNC with MyFord Touch systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional changes to accommodate new and updated customer devices, such as:

• Hazard switch illuminates on Focus / Escape with ignition off and park lamps on
  • Next Track / Previous Track controls from SYNC touchscreen
  • SYNC Maintaining Repeat / Shuffle settings that were set on the device side
  • Compatibility updates for the latest phone and media devices
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The new software update for SYNC with MyFord Touch systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional changes to accommodate new and updated customer devices, such as:

• Hazard switch illuminates on Focus / Escape with ignition off and park lamps on
  • Next Track / Previous Track controls from SYNC touchscreen
  • SYNC Maintaining Repeat / Shuffle settings that were set on the device side
  • Compatibility updates for the latest phone and media devices

And the navigation App is newer (although I dont know what benefit that brings yet)

• Like 1

Not sure if its me or if its reset a setting but when the reversing camera comes on it doesn't mute the radio anymore, I am not sure if its meant to but I am sure the earlier versions did. Its not an issue but just something I noticed. Also you if you want to get the red cross off the phone setting you have to input or assign at least one emergency assistance number.

My reversing camera never mute the radio before I updated, it's only when the sensors start beeping that it does.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RobGates said:

Not sure if its me or if its reset a setting but when the reversing camera comes on it doesn't mute the radio anymore, I am not sure if its meant to but I am sure the earlier versions did. Its not an issue but just something I noticed. Also you if you want to get the red cross off the phone setting you have to input or assign at least one emergency assistance number.

18 hours ago, alexp999 said:

My reversing camera never mute the radio before I updated, it's only when the sensors start beeping that it does.

I have noticed the same as Rob today....when the parking sensors start to beep, the radio/usb/etc no longer gets muted (it definitely used to).

This does not bother me, just confirming Rob's observation.

I'll have to check later, I haven't noticed if it's any different.

2 hours ago, Accolade said:

I have noticed the same as Rob today....when the parking sensors start to beep, the radio/usb/etc no longer gets muted (it definitely used to).

This does not bother me, just confirming Rob's observation.

For me everything works fine (i do not have rev. camera). When i put the car in reverse - the radio plays normal, only when the obstacle is detected and i have got the beep sound the radio is muted. 

PS: Well not muted like NO SOUND -  the radio was still on but the sound just went a lot quieter so i can hear the beep sound better.

Hi all, 

i have a Ford Mondeo 2015 Titanium X Pack automatic, with parking sensors and reversing camera.

I am still on V3.08 as I have not had the chance to update it yet.

i just checked my car, drove it out of the driveway and reversed it back in, radio didn't go mute, even when the senors starting beeping, i reversed closer to the hedge, senors went red and louder beeps but radio didn't mute. 

Not sure if this is any help to the other posters above. 

I haven't upgraded as yet, my radio volume reduces when the sensors activate

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Bannko said:

For me everything works fine (i do not have rev. camera). When i put the car in reverse - the radio plays normal, only when the obstacle is detected and i have got the beep sound the radio is muted. 

PS: Well not muted like NO SOUND -  the radio was still on but the sound just went a lot quieter so i can hear the beep sound better.

Maybe it's a setting that I had not seen before that has been reset?

Or maybe cars with rev camera and parking sensors this is a change?

The beeps are still there but as said the radio audio does not reduce in volume when the beeps start.

Not a problem for me, I actually prefer it.

To be honest it's always annoyed me so not really botherd if no longer there, although I can see why it was. I recon will still be audible over the radio anyway.

Hopefully update mine today.

I too would be greatful if someone could PM the link to 3.10 upgrade

Many thanks in advance

paul

To be honest it's always annoyed me so not really botherd if no longer there, although I can see why it was. I recon will still be audible over the radio anyway.

Hopefully update mine today.

Do I need to run the engine whilst updating?

Of course the engine must be running and turn off the start stop.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club