Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

alexp999

Hi guys

Just came across this thread. Question is my version is 3.6 do I have to update to 3.8 first or can I jump straight to 3.10? Car is focus 2014 with sync2 with the touch screen nav.

Cheers 

• Like 1

No problems going straight to 3.10

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well I did the update it took ages! At the  end the voice command lady read out my update to 3.8 was successful and I was like wtf? I installed 3.10. Went into settings and it is 3.10 installed so that me me chuckle.

Another question now when I click software licenses it seems to be showing an update that's available for the nav. I've got f5 card. I click begin installation and it says something like cant find storage. Is this update only available via ford to do? I'm guessing the sync update I just did updates the sync software not the nav so me putting the usb with the software update on won't update the nav aswell?

Thanks for the help so far guys.

The button you mention I belive is just for manual update - if the install did not start automatically, you would go there, and select the files to install. It's not an available update.

The Nav maps are on the SD card, and have nothing to do with the udpate. F6 is the nest NAV update, that you will have to buy,

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:51 PM, stiophan said:

The button you mention I belive is just for manual update - if the install did not start automatically, you would go there, and select the files to install. It's not an available update.

The Nav maps are on the SD card, and have nothing to do with the udpate. F6 is the nest NAV update, that you will have to buy,

You sure F6 is out ? Last time I looked it was still the F5  for GB

On 2/13/2017 at 2:09 PM, Bannko said:

Well the all mighty update v3.10 is here :smile: 

before i was sending the download link only for Language pack 2 and via PM. But now it is already available for all other language packs. I have used the original Language Pack2 update and edited it for all other EU language packs that were available on the Russian site: chipford.ru 

The installation is the same as before so:

1. Download and unzip onto USB stick (formatted to FAT32)

2. On the USB stick you should have only: "SyncMyRide" folder and "autoinstall.lst" file

3. Start your car, engine must be running all the time

4. Plugin the USB in you car and the installation will start automatic. 

Installation time approx. 22 minutes.

After the installation the SYNC will have no saved data from Phone or Navigation - so you have to set it up all again.

For those who have the NAVIGATION activated additionally - you won't loose it after this USB update. 

And of course, UPDATE ON YOUR OWN RISK ! :wink:

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

EU Language Pack 1 - German, English (British), Russian, Turkish:

https://mega.nz/#!wUgHySTC!i2YQMUxLhTQiBrjnNYQ1TsZSGqSBRa1LEOepfFpb1Mw

EU Language Pack 2 - German, English (British), Russian:

https://mega.nz/#!gRICRBrB!9JNa7d3_3Mn2SEZ-iKyfY4ac6scb4UjogmEwdke5B_I

EU Language Pack 3 - German, English (British), French, Italian:

https://mega.nz/#!4YRDDRLD!tZMhM-o8nAJ-pJSgrfqX3XpYqeiX4DEZ15UCnB1LwUY

EU Language Pack 4 - German, English (British), French, Swedish:

https://mega.nz/#!1RhW0RpC!AKl1rA96-kc3zYUdOjWKJP4yxjj4uqKlrPCyKCPzPeo

EU Language Pack 5 - English (British), Spanish, French, Portuguese:

https://mega.nz/#!cc4HSKwa!2evt2tQmfe8deCfyHZgsfCkkkB77lp5r5o_yra9Y31A

EU Language Pack 6 - German, English (British), French, Dutch:

https://mega.nz/#!dA4QDRZS!WsA-gbxK-MZjMGp9plZSjIYUhd6us_nWQAzLiNKW4p8

AND it is not suitable for North American My Ford Touch !

78c07c7bbde662a5med.jpg

82fbae1b25351462med.jpg

3291576c95b7c1c6med.jpg

Updated Ford Mondeo 2015 to Sync 3.10 - thanks for posting :)

22 hours ago, RobGates said:

You sure F6 is out ? Last time I looked it was still the F5  for GB

I meant the next update will be F6. Not that it is out yet. But when I bought my Focus 2 weeks ago, the dealer mentioned the F6-update was on its way. But I don't know how soon :)

• Like 2

Hi, just joined up and I've got a couple of questions about the 3.10 update for Sync 2:

1. I've been told by a Ford Tech

I would advise not doing the owner update as it does not update the whole module and chance you could do more damage than good. I have seen where people have lost functionality of some items after they do the update including loosing Sat Nav from the system. The module has two sections, CIP (customer interface protocol) and VIP (vehicle interface protocol). When a non dealer does it, it only updates the CIP, when the dealer does it it updates both the CIP and the VIP.

Can anyone with some knowledge in the area comment on the above?

2. When it says to do the update with the engine running- is that only to prevent the battery going flat, or for some other reason?

3. Has anyone in Australia tried it out? I've got 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT  at the moment and my Ford dealer told me there are no updates. :dry: I've been having issues with my Sync2 locking up "Indexing Device" on a USB stick for 20 minutes plus- locking out audio voice commands. Their solution was a master reset, but it will only be a matter of time before it happens again (seems to be a common problem?)

What damage does it do and can we update the rest of the module ?

Jamie

Having updated mine a while ago to 3.10, I haven't had any problems with sat nav, music or anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitXlover said:

Having updated mine a while ago to 3.10, I haven't had any problems with sat nav, music or anything else.

Same here exactly.

Seeing what David (Murcod) wrote got me worried lol

Jamie

I find it annoying Ford don't give better after sales service with the tech stuff. If you buy a phone or sat nav you normally get free regular software updates. A car isn't a cheap item and the least they could do is update at annual service. Might get more people to go to the dealership if they did. I heard Ford Australia are now giving free sat nav updates, in the US you can download your own Sync software updates too. Why in UK are we so far behind every where else? End of rant.

• Like 1

The problem is people start asking for compensation when an update breaks something else.

So instead they have an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude.

So we have to DIY?

No, Ford would just rather it wasn't done at all.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

No, Ford would just rather it wasn't done at all.

i would use a defamatory word but knowing you i will receive a warning point.

I guess we will have to update the way we are currently doing. until ford block that avenue of pleasure.

Jamie

• Like 1

Surely all systems should be serviced and updated to preserve maximum efficiency of any product.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitXlover said:

Surely all systems should be serviced and updated to preserve maximum efficiency of any product.

I agree, but it doesn't work like that unfortunately.

Ford will only do updates if it is to fix something.

In fact all manufacturers are the same afaik. (Except maybe Tesla).

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

I agree, but it doesn't work like that unfortunately.

Ford will only do updates if it is to fix something.

In fact all manufacturers are the same afaik. (Except maybe Tesla).

My Satnav wasn't working correctly as I was on 3.6.The secondary display behind the steering wheel always displayed the wrong exit at a roundabout. My dealer told me that there were no updates. I updated to 3.8 from the web. ETIS shows other software modules have updates. The Ford dealers say that they only update software if the car is on a recall. The mechanic I spoke to was very very ignorant regarding software. He told me that once they upgraded a car with the incorrect software and turned it from a manual to an automatic! Really that is what he said!!! He then went on to say that the car had to be written off as there was no way to load the correct software!!!

My satnav still has problems yesterday it told me to exit a roundabout at exit 6. It showed going right around the roundabout twice to exit 2!!!! Found this thread and will see if this cures my problems.

Ford is cheap and not very cheerful in my experience. The grease monkeys are just that and it is rather worrying that customers are more knowledgable than the so called experts.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, james_60 said:

Same here exactly.

Seeing what David (Murcod) wrote got me worried lol

Jamie

It's only what I've been told. It also appears Ford Australia did have the updates on their My Ford section of the site. People did try that update and it went badly for a lot of them (eg. loosing sat nav functionality etc.) So that's probably the problems he is referring to. I'm going to leave mine until it fails again and then either DIY or take it back to the dealer and try to tell them again there is an update!

I've done other things on my car that I'm sure they'd say would never work.

• Like 1

I've updated to 3.10 fine all thanks to Bannko. No issues. Don't have Satnav so can't comment on losing it after the update, but Bannko has helped me get licence ready to activate it later.

The only issues I had, which others have too mentioned was that radio no longer goes quieter when parking sensors are activated. However this is now working again today. Only thing I changed was the adaptive volume settings (changed to level 3). It was off before. Maybe that has something to do with it? 

I'm just thinking that this is how Ford do updates for other countries. They just download the update and install like we have done, so I don't see why there would be an issue like the Ford dealers have said there would be?

Dealers do not perform update via USB. They have totally different procedure via IDS.

Year ago when i went to my dealer for a warranty service i asked if they can perform update of my SYNC to 3.08 version. They asked about 50Euros for it...so i said that i will better do it myslef via USB. The reply was that they are not aware of any USB updates and i shoud no risk it because i can loose warranty. 

Well i am happy that did it hehe :)

• Like 1

I noticed the Australian map updates mentioned. We do get free yearly updates for Sync 2 (and later) if you get your vehicle serviced at the dealer- it's a good scheme as it attracts people back to the dealer for servicings and the customer gets the update for "free". (I did notice a clause on a website this week saying it runs for 7 years from the date of purchase. We also get free roadside assistance for the first 7 years with the annual dealer service.)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club