Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

alexp999

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'am a owner of late 2015 Ford Mondeo from last June, I bought this car directly from Ford, the frst registration was in September 2015 by previous owner. I'am looking to upgrade my Sync 2 to 3.08 or to 3.10. I red some previous posts from you guys and I have some questions to you just to make sure I can make an update with no problem.

- has been mentioned before, you must have at least F4 sd card or newer to make Sync update?

-apparently they did a recall in the UK for the F3 card and gave everyone a free upgrade to the F4. So why my Mondeo still have F3 card? I just checked last sevice was in April this year, and Ford service didn't bothered to replace the sd card for F4, and update the Sync to latest version during last service? 

- anyone noticed any improvement or new features between version 3.08 and 3.10? some people complain it doesn't mute radio anymore during reversing, I don't remember which version 3.08 or 3.10?

Below you can see photo of my current version for Sync and maps.

Any help will be apreciated

Regards

20170902_200917.jpg

As far as I'm aware the nav version doesn't make any difference to the stnc update.
I have v3.10 and the music volume reduces when reversing but does not mute.
V3.10 does seem more stable and I used to get constant re-indexing of music on usb sticks under v3.8 but not any more.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Try putting your VIN in etis and check if any updates are listed. It should say if you can get an updated sat nav card.
As mine had an f2 when I bought it, I couldn't get a free update, so I got an f5 a year ago from e bay for about £20. F6 is now available and is probably a bit dearer.
I updated to 3.10 with no problems. Radio still mutes on reverse, but some on here had the same "problem".
To be honest, it wouldn't have botherd me if mine didn't mute, but hey ho.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't think the mute on the radio is a fault it's so you can hear the reverse sensors / buzzers or they would not be much use
That's my theory anyway
I reverse into my garage every day and it only drops the volume when the sensors pick up a wall [emoji1360]
I'm very happy with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TitXlover said:

Try putting your VIN in etis and check if any updates are listed. It should say if you can get an updated sat nav card.
As mine had an f2 when I bought it, I couldn't get a free update, so I got an f5 a year ago from e bay for about £20. F6 is now available and is probably a bit dearer.
I updated to 3.10 with no problems. Radio still mutes on reverse, but some on here had the same "problem".
To be honest, it wouldn't have botherd me if mine didn't mute, but hey ho.

Hi Pete,

I just checked etis and no updates are listed for my car. I tried vehicle update option on etis( see screenshot) but you have to run some ford software which doesn't work on my pc.

Also I'am planning to buy genuine F6 sd card from eBay, and I found some people selling used or new or even new without retail package. I just want to know if I can use card previously used by someone else, or this sd cards are paired with specific car to prevent to use in another car or something?

Regards

screenshoot.jpg

It is just an SD card, they are interchangeable. Take the old one out and replace with new one when the car is switched off.
Mine was a new card, sealed.
Just be careful, if buying off e bay, apparently there are some fakes about. Go for a sealed new one is my suggestion, less chance of a dodgy one, even if a few £ more.

Still cheaper than a dealer too.

It's a bit annoying as some countries now update for free if you service the car at a dealer. I did ask Ford UK if they would follow suit and they said "watch this space". I have but nothing happened. Same as updating software over the net. Was "coming soon" 3 years ago, yet available in US for free, dealers here charge.

Anyway enjoy your updated sat nav.

Regards.

it does show there is a software update on sync. if no updates that wont show up. as for sd card, its not vehicle specific so a used one will work

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I just updated sync to 3.08 for at the moment, just to check the difference. After stage when you have to press ok to complete installation, on screen shows one more installation bar(see photo) installing file 2 of 2. So I've been waiting about 15 min to complete but nothing happened, in the meantime I couldn't get to an options and radio, so I decided to switch the engine and radio off. After switch everything back on, I checked system information and everything looks correct, version 3.08 appeared on screen and nav app version has been updated to. Any ideas, or did  enyone have simular situation?

Regards

20170905_162724.jpg

It can take quite a while for everything to complete.
It's risky to shut everything off before it's completed, you could have bricked the unit.

21 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

It's risky to shut everything off before it's completed, you could have bricked the unit.

22 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Yes I know, but after 50 min I decided to turn the engine off, in my opinion it tooks way too long. I checked usb before and usb wasn't flashing so that's mean there was no operation in background. After few testings I will try install 3.10 version later. 

Aye, 50 minutes is a bit too long.
Usually no more than 25-30 minutes is normal.

• Like 1

sync is a nightmare updating, even sync3 is no better . uploading sat nav on transit sync 3 takes 50 mins with engine running or battery support unit atratched. did one yesterday that took 3 attempts before it loaded.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 8:32 PM, n0taz said:

After a week of multiple attempts flash sync2 (LP2 over NA 3.10, or downgrade to 3.8, 3,7, 2.6 versions) with various variants  i did "vice versa" method:

1) I take 3.10 distrib for NorthAmerica (Gen2v310build16180updatepackageNA) - and without modifing install.lst did next:

2) simply delete original NA-language pack EA5T-14F497-AE.zip, then copy LP2-file EA5T-14F497-CF.zip from Gen2v310build16180updatepackageEULangpack2 and rename it to EA5T-14F497-AE.zip

3) Profit! Installation process finishing twice on my way to home (i don't know why twice).

It's a very simple workaround, but i don't know why i didn't try do it faster. 

But now I see at language selection menu big list: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Germany, Nederlands, Slovenian, Portugalian, Russian (may be additional 1 or 2 items). It's not a big trouble for me :) But if anybody know method to delete another language pack - it's will be cool, cause it have very big size on disk.

p.s. sorry for my english ;) hope my experience will help somebody)

N0taz, how did you downgraded your sync?

I flashed the V3.10 software with language pack 5. Can I still change (reflash) only the language pack if say I would like to switch to a different language pack?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all ;)

First of all thank you so much for the great job you are doing here.

I'm the owner of a Ford Edge Sport 2012 coming from USA.

Do you think it's possible for me to install this 3.10 version ?

I downloaded the pack 3 with french language.

Because the actually version of MySync 2 is not runing very well and it's impossible for me to use the french language.

Thanks in forward for your response.

PS : please excuse me for my bad english. I'm from Switzerland, french pasrt ;)

Hi everyone !

I want to update the Sync 2 of my Mondeo (2015).

I am french and I do not know which language pack I have to download (3, 4, 5 or 6). Maybe they are all equivalent...

Thanks by advance for your help !

@FenDanT: There should be no problem for you to install directly EU language pack to your SYNC :) so let us later know how it went as it will be valuable info for the futures for others.

@ken078: Unfortunately hard to tell which one is used in French :(. But you cannot do anything wrong installing any of them. So just choose one where the FR lang. is :)

Hey all ;)

@Bannko : I made the upgrade some days ago, and all went like a charm in my Ford Edge Sport USA from 2012.

Everything is ok, and i have 19 langages to choose.

That's all because of you, so many thanks again for your job. It was impossible for me to do that without you :)

@ken078 : For french you have to take language pack 3. It works like a charm for me.
J'ai téléchargé et installé le pack 3 qui me donne accès au français et à 19 autres langues.
J'espère que cela fonctionnera aussi pour toi ;)

I have just another question : i dont have any european card for the gps. I bought on internet a F6 card. Do you think it will work with this version ?

Thanks in forward for your response ;)

Hello,

I made some tests with my gps. I have an F5 european map for Ford.
I inserted the card, but nothing.
Maybe because it's an american car ?
Is there something special to do to have my gps working ?

Hello, I'm new here, I write from Spain.
I have a problem that I hope you can solve.
I already installed the verdion 3.10 and it works perfectly, but do not install the correct version, as it does not have the language pack with Spanish.
I tried to install the language pack version 5 but I could not.
Would you be so kind as to tell me the steps to follow and the files to install in order to enjoy sync2 in Spanish?
Thank you very much!!

Can someone please tell me if the links on page one of this thread are still the latest?

If not, do we have the latest updates yet?

Can someone please tell me if the links on page one of this thread are still the latest?

If not, do we have the latest updates yet?
3.10 is the latest version. Check through the thread or Google it for further info.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Which file should be used for UK owners? or which one have you used?

EU Language Pack 1 - German, English (British), Russian, Turkish:

https://mega.nz/#!wUgHySTC!i2YQMUxLhTQiBrjnNYQ1TsZSGqSBRa1LEOepfFpb1Mw

EU Language Pack 2 - German, English (British), Russian:

https://mega.nz/#!gRICRBrB!9JNa7d3_3Mn2SEZ-iKyfY4ac6scb4UjogmEwdke5B_I

EU Language Pack 3 - German, English (British), French, Italian:

https://mega.nz/#!4YRDDRLD!tZMhM-o8nAJ-pJSgrfqX3XpYqeiX4DEZ15UCnB1LwUY

EU Language Pack 4 - German, English (British), French, Swedish:

https://mega.nz/#!1RhW0RpC!AKl1rA96-kc3zYUdOjWKJP4yxjj4uqKlrPCyKCPzPeo

EU Language Pack 5 - English (British), Spanish, French, Portuguese:

https://mega.nz/#!cc4HSKwa!2evt2tQmfe8deCfyHZgsfCkkkB77lp5r5o_yra9Y31A

EU Language Pack 6 - German, English (British), French, Dutch:

https://mega.nz/#!dA4QDRZS!WsA-gbxK-MZjMGp9plZSjIYUhd6us_nWQAzLiNKW4p8