Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

alexp999

Can I please have the link for the 3.10 EU version? I now can use the language packs links and update to my language pack. That was what was holding me of.

Thank you bannko and vincentka for the share :yahoo:

On 9.03.2017 at 8:56 PM, ediasPT said:

vincentka for the share :yahoo:

HERE

Who want DONATE ME via paypal vincentka76 (at) yahoo.com

• Like 1

Thank you very much!

Update: I installed the update today. took around 40/45 minutes. All went well, and the system is working fine. Didn't noticed any difference, but all is working.

Thank you guys.

Hi I am picking up a 16 plate titanium focus running sync 2 navigation and live in the UK. I have downloaded the Gen2v310build16180_Update_package_EU_Language_pack is this all I need to save on the fat32 memory stick for it to update with English settings?

Similar to Leprekorn, I'm in the UK and picked up my 2016 Focus Titanium X with Nav yesterday, and I'm wondering about the file to use. Earlier in the thread, someone said to use Language pack 5 (presumably because English (British) is listed first? - just guessing) but the file Gen2v310build16180_Update_package_EU_Language_pack.zip contains both EA5T-14F497-CF (EU Language pack 2) and EA5T-14F497-GF (EU Language pack 6), although the autoinstall.lst only mentions at item7 EA5T-14F497-CF. Therefore as I understand it, pack 6 in the file above would never be used.

So, if I use this file with the included pack 2, would my system default to the first language in the pack 'German' and I'd have to change it to English (British) -or- should I remove packs 2 and 6 then add pack 5 from EA5T-14F497-FF_64707.ZIP renamed to EA5T-14F497-FF.ZIP and modify autoinstall.lst item7 as follows:-

Item7 = EA5T-14F497-FF
Open7 = SyncMyRide\EA5T-14F497-FF.ZIP

Or perhaps I shouldn't mess with it at all since I've only just got it  :smile:

hi guys, couple of question..

Do you have, maybe, also EU Language pack 3?

And second question is.. Is there any issues to update from 3.8 to 3.10?

edit : found it :) thanks anyway !

9 minutes ago, makeu said:

hi guys, couple of question..

Do you have, maybe, also EU Language pack 3?

Sent you ready to install package for LANG PACK 3.

• Like 1

Just now, Bannko said:

Sent you ready to install package for LANG PACK 3.

thanks mate :)

thanks vincentka , license its ok :):) :] Thank U 

• Like 1

Hello.
I have my Ford Focus of November 2014 Titanium with 8" screen buy in France.

I already have navigation enabled. Do I need a key activation to update my Sync 2?

What should I do to upgrade to version 3.10?

Thank you in advance for your response :-)

16 minutes ago, zetiti said:

Hello.
I have my Ford Focus of November 2014 Titanium with 8" screen buy in France.

I already have navigation enabled. Do I need a key activation to update my Sync 2?

What should I do to upgrade to version 3.10?

Thank you in advance for your response :-)

You just need to download the update and install it. That is all. For installation steps see first page of this thread.

• Like 1

As simple as that, I would have thought it was more complicated. I will thank you for your answer :-)

• Like 1

Bannko

Going to pluck up courage and install the update on my car today, looking a the first page posts it mentions that they should be three files on the usb stick, I have only two (see my previous post),is this ok ?.

Also will the update be in English or will I have to change it after the installation.

Thanks in anticipation

You've probably got the "do not index" file missing, it will still work fine.

The important bits are autoinstall.lst and a syncmyride folder.

• Like 1

As Alex said, you are good to go :) on usb should be only SyncMyRide folder and autoinstall.lst.

English will stay, no addiitional settings after the update. But the NAV settings and phone will be lost...u have to set it up again.

Does that mean I will have to delete the main folder on the pen drive (GEN2V310BUILD16180updatepackageEULangpack2) ,the other two are sub folders when the main one is opened or will Sync 2 auto recognise them.

Thanks

You need to have the 2 files in the root of your drive.

Sent from my SM-G930F

sync will not recognize them if they are in folder. in general SyncMyRide folder and autoinstall.lst must be in USB's root.

• Like 1

On 11.03.2017 at 11:59 PM, simpson1 said:

thanks vincentka , license its ok :):) :] Thank U 

Perfect ;)

• Like 1

Thank you all for your answers, I now have two files on my pendrive

1) SyncMyRide

2) autoinstall.lst

I will go ahead and install the updates tomorrow.

Many Thanks

• Like 1

Remember to remove any other usb sticks before starting the update or it won't run.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Thanks Stoney

If I can just explain what I have done (I had to borrow a windows computer) I downloaded the file Bannko sent me, then extracted it into another folder, I opened the main extracted file and copied the two sub files (SyncMyRide & autoinstall) onto a pendrive, is this the correct way.

Thanks

• Like 1

Correct, now just plug and play :) note that ur engine must be running the whole time, start/stop set to off.

• Like 1

Many Thanks

I have just updated my system in just under 30 minutes , bit of a scare at first, it would not recognise my first pen drive I used so I downloaded the files onto another drive and that worked OK.

As you mentioned I have lost my satnav and phone settings but wireless settings untouched, do you suggest I do a master reset ?.

Thank you all for your help.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club