Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

alexp999

I believe Ford in the UK are ending the road side assistance that was offered with the annual service. Seems we are going backwards, whilst other regions are going forward and offering good customer service.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Hi,

I know this post has been going a while but I'm New to this sync update thing! I have a 63 plate Focus which is showing version U_3.00.09 and a 64 plate Fiesta which is showing version U_4.00.08. I'm confused about the versions and what the latest is that I can get. The focus also has satnav which is only v3 and the maps are well out of date. What is the latest map version?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

2 minutes ago, Bazzajok said:

Hi,

I know this post has been going a while but I'm New to this sync update thing! I have a 63 plate Focus which is showing version U_3.00.09 and a 64 plate Fiesta which is showing version U_4.00.08. I'm confused about the versions and what the latest is that I can get. The focus also has satnav which is only v3 and the maps are well out of date. What is the latest map version?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

Both are Sync 1 not 2

Thanks for the quick reply.

Whats the latest version available for Sync 1? Also, do you know what the latest map version is?

Thanks

Lee

My phone has just updated to Android 7, but now the sync2 won't reconnect on start up. A problem that was fixed with the update, now back. Any suggestions?

Have you tried unpairing and re-pairing?

• Like 1

Several times.

Looks like the v3.10 brought better support for Android versions released till 11/2016. So i guess we should from now expect with newer versions of operating system reconnecting issues.

I was wondering if that might be it. 1 step forward, 1 back. Only got the update yesterday, will keep playing, see if I can sort it.

I've got Nougat on my phone and not had any issues.

Cheers, gives me some hope I can get it sorted.

On 16.04.2017 at 2:26 PM, murcod said:

it's a good scheme as it attracts people back to the dealer for servicings and the customer gets the update for "free"

WoW :)

On 20/04/2017 at 2:08 PM, alexp999 said:

I've got Nougat on my phone and not had any issues.

Second that. I've been running android 7.1.2 now since updating my sync. No issues at all. 

Must be the phone then.

Tried resetting the phone and seems to have sorted it.

31 minutes ago, TitXlover said:

seems to have sorted it.

Perfect

• Like 1

Im running a Galaxy s7 on the latest os (7.?) and my phone has no issues with the update

Jamie

Im running a Galaxy s7 on the latest os (7.?) and my phone has no issues with the update

Jamie

Cheers, not sure why mine played up, I always seem to have problems with stuff. Anyway after a reset and re pairing it seems ok.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just updated  mine without issues, thanks for the download links. Didn't loose navigation either. Can't say i've notice any improvement as such, but early days i guess.

My previous car was Nissan Juke Dig-T and I had loads of problems pairing my Galaxy S6 to it until I deleted my Google account from the phone.

I then paired the phone and signed back in to Google and it worked fine after that.

Not sure if that will help anyone here but it's worth a shot if you're struggling to pair your phone

Maybe I'm just missing something, but the link to the North American 3.10 is telling me "Wrong decryption key". The ford Sync site tells me I'm up to date with 3.6.2 from 2012 on my 2013 Explorer.  I'm hoping this update will fix my bluetooth disconnect issues.  Any help for us over on this side?  I can't believe how hard they make it to get a firmware update.

Many people want to back from 3.10.16180 to 3.08.xxxx .Sometimes have small problems :( .We have downgrade soft ;)

On 04/29/2017 at 1:35 PM, mangchiki said:

Maybe I'm just missing something, but the link to the North American 3.10 is telling me "Wrong decryption key". The ford Sync site tells me I'm up to date with 3.6.2 from 2012 on my 2013 Explorer.  I'm hoping this update will fix my bluetooth disconnect issues.  Any help for us over on this side?  I can't believe how hard they make it to get a firmware update.

update Sync2 system to version 3.8.15128
US ONLY : HERE 

unpack on USB stick (FAT32)

Go to car >run engine and radio>remove all devices from usb/sd>put USB with upgrade to USB port>system will be updated and restart few times > wait about 30min to end instalation > You have info INSTALATION COMPLETE 

all 

and 3.10 only for NA (USA/CAN/AUS etc)

HERE

vinc

• 2 weeks later...

Hello
I'm from Brazil and I have a ford fusion 2013 and wanted to install version 3.10 South america but I'm not getting it.
Already installed two versions 3.08 and then tried to install the package of language south america but the installation does not go ahead.
If you can help me by telling me which version I have to install for South America, I appreciate it

Hello my friends :)

Hope to get help from you :)

In first sorry for my English, it's so bad :)

In past I did upgrade to 3.7, then 3.8 with Russian language on my Sync2 at Ford Explorer, then I was blind and did upgrade to 3.10 with language pack for North America (English, French,Spanish). Then I tried install language pack 2 many times, but no success. 

- I did usb-flash  with full 3.10 package with LP2 (German,turkish, Russian), but Sync says the system already upgraded

- I did usb-flash with only EA5T-14F497-CF in [SYNCGen2_3.10.16180] section. Car trying to install it and after few minutes say that file corrupted or not enough  free space (I try various flash-discs and various variants to download this file).

- I did usb-flash with moved EA5T-14F497-CF to Option1 in [SYNCGen2_3.10.16180] section. NO success.

- I did usb-flash with moved EA5T-14F497-CF to Option1 in [SYNCGen2_All] section. No success.

-In last, I tried downgrade to 3.8 (added SYNCGen2_3.10.16180 section to beginning of file with versions 4.2*) but systems says that this action I need did with Ford Official Dealer... no success.

Is it way to install another language pack?

p.s. my LangPack2 is EA5T-14F497-CF. In archive with Russian 3.10LP2 I see addition file EA5T-14D546-AJB, but it's no using by auto install file...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club