Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

alexp999

Can  anyone pm me the link to the 3.10 upgrade as well?

Proud owner of a sync 2 with the 3.10 update. Many, many, many thanks to Bannko....

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Sync now updated.

A few traumas, not sure why but took a few goes, but finally succeeded.

Thanks to all that made this available.

Well...

I'm very interested in updating my SYNC2 aswell, but I need another language pack, so it contains Dutch :)

Before the update my Sync2 had 11 languages available in the selection menu. After the update there's still 11.

So the update doesn't appear to delete any languages already present.

The language pack affects the voice control languages. Not the on screen language.

Patched to v3.10 and my radio volume dips when the reverse beeps kick in, same as when I was on v3.08.

Updated to V3.10. Thank you Baanko. 

My radio volume doesn't really dip, the reverse beeps are a bit louder than the radio. 

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

The language pack affects the voice control languages. Not the on screen language.

So if I do an update I will keep the swedish screen menus? Voice control is on english since it don´t support swedish.

Or should I wait for the right language pack?

U better wait till the correct language pack is available, some on the Dutch forum updated to 3.08 in the past and used the wrong language pack.

Their text was still in Dutch, but they couldn't give Dutch commands and no Dutch voice anymore!

Sync now updated.

A few traumas, not sure why but took a few goes, but finally succeeded.

Thanks to all that made this available.

Update, just checked and mine still mutes the radio when sensors beep.

Done :-) took nearly half an hour. :-

Screen Response is much faster

Nav works faster

Will keep you updated.

p.s there are some before and after shots attached :-)

Left (Before) Right (After)

Jamie

2017-02-19 13.20.43.jpg

Jamie

2017-02-19 13.20.50.jpg

2017-02-19 13.44.53.jpg

2017-02-19 13.44.58.jpg

23 minutes ago, Bostil said:

Sound with the big sony got improved as well ... i assume.

Hmmm i hope so :-)

Jamie

I would love the link too please [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Dragunov404 said:

U better wait till the correct language pack is available, some on the Dutch forum updated to 3.08 in the past and used the wrong language pack.

Their text was still in Dutch, but they couldn't give Dutch commands and no Dutch voice anymore!

Should not be a problem for me since all the voice commands and talk are in english? Does not supports swedish.
The big Q is if the menus remains in swedish.

Maybe better to be safe and wait. Hope the wait will not be too long.

Hi,

I have a Ford Everest 3.2L 4x4. Just a month ago Ford released Sync 3 and i stil have the Sync 2. :sad:

Anyways. they said i have to pay an additional of 1 lakh indian rupees to get it upgraded to Sync3. Which is such a waste of money.

I found this thread and wondered if you can please give me the download link too? I really wanna update mine sync 2. 

10 hours ago, Ormet said:

Should not be a problem for me since all the voice commands and talk are in english? Does not supports swedish.
The big Q is if the menus remains in swedish.

Maybe better to be safe and wait. Hope the wait will not be too long.

I always use EN voices and EN menu even i am not from England :D but the texts should be possible to keep in your language. 

Well this 3.10 update is also unofficial so hard to say if ford will ever release some USB update.

19 minutes ago, BevinAbraham said:

Hi,

I have a Ford Everest 3.2L 4x4. Just a month ago Ford released Sync 3 and i stil have the Sync 2. :sad:

Anyways. they said i have to pay an additional of 1 lakh indian rupees to get it upgraded to Sync3. Which is such a waste of money.

I found this thread and wondered if you can please give me the download link too? I really wanna update mine sync 2. 

Hi, yeah update to SYNC 3 from dealer is not a cheap investment and also most of the dealers here will tell you is not possible. Much cheaper update SYNC 2 to SYNC 3 is to buy used APIM module and screen from USA (e.g. ebay) and have it reprogrammed - but you have to find someone in India who can flash it to your area because otherwise it won't work. I know few people that are able to reprogram the US SYNC 3 to EU version but unfortunately not to India version :(...PM'd you the v3.10 update.

1 minute ago, Bannko said:

I always use EN voices and EN menu even i am not from England :D but the texts should be possible to keep in your language. 

Well this 3.10 update is also unofficial so hard to say if ford will ever release some USB update.

Hi, yeah update to SYNC 3 from dealer is not a cheap investment and also most of the dealers here will tell you is not possible. Much cheaper update SYNC 2 to SYNC 3 is to buy used APIM module and screen from USA (e.g. ebay) and have it reprogrammed - but you have to find someone in India who can flash it to your area because otherwise it won't work. I know few people that are able to reprogram the US SYNC 3 to EU version but unfortunately not to India version :(...PM'd you the v3.10 update.

Hey.. thanks for the quick reply..

I was reading xda-developers, wonder if they found out a way to enable nav in the same APIM.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-mobile/general/hacking-myford-touch-getting-closer-t2938321

That's the thread.. looks like they got it done ? Still reading through the pages.

• Like 1

All updated thanks to Bannko.
One thing to remember Guys, remove any other USB devices prior to attempting the update or it won't run.
No changes to reverse mute settings, just need to reinstall my personalised wallpapers and all finished.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club