Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The ST has broken me

666Damian666

Hi all 

Not been online for 3-4 months as I have been busy busy busy so it's nice to be back, however the point to this thread is that the ST has at last finally broken me after trying really hard to resist for soooooo long 

My current 14 plate Zetec S is due to be either paid off or handed back in April and my mind was 95% sure I would pay the final payment and have finance free motoring for a while, but NO the ST bug has got to me and I'm in discussions with my dealer to get an ST-2 

Not sure who to blame for this (maybe you guys on here), lol

I have only just recently added a custom exhaust, K&N filter, ST rear end, Triple R side skirts and front spliter to my ZS and I'm guessing the dealer will only accept it back fully standard, so those parts will be going up for sale very soon if anyone is interested (all really new still and under 4 months old) 

• Like 5

I have not test drove one yet but I know they are cracking cars 

17 hours ago, 666Damian666 said:

I have not test drove one yet but I know they are cracking cars 

Very different to yours though. I had a Zetec S and thought it was a great car. Decent poke but cumfy too. The ST is a far more severe car. Firm ride, super fast. Sometimes if you just want to get in the car and go somewhere it's a bit hard edged....for me anyway.

Test drive is important so you know what you're getting into ... if you know what I mean.As for your bits, the front splitter should fit the ST .... ?

And .... look at the ST3 over the 2. If you're financing with Ford on an options style deal, the 3 will be cheaper to finance as it has a better residual.

Yeah I know what you mean as I have read that it has a hard ride and no doubt it will be aggressive upto my ZS 125bhp, so I will see if I can test drive one 

Im not a huge fan of auto wipers and lights so the ST-3 doesn't have that much more I want on it to warrant and extra 1k premium 

The front Triple R spliter won't fit the ST but I'll see if I can sell it as its only 3-4 months old 

I have little things like colour coded washer jets etc which I'll post up on here when the time is right or stick on EBay 

I've got a load of bits for sale off my ST including a TRC splitter if you're interested

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Oops missed the linky off

Details are near the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Really torn on what colour ST I want between Red, Black and Blue (ruled out Orange & White)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 666Damian666 said:

Really torn on what colour ST I want between Red, Black and Blue (ruled out Orange & White)

I really like the blue, but red and black also good colours. I wasn't that bothered when I got my Zetec S, just wanted the right car milage and price wise but different when buying new. Race Red is cheaper cause non metallic :)

Spirit Blue is nice and is an ST only colour, however it's quite common 

Get blue then you can buy all my engine bay parts off me 🙄

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

Haha nah I'm not interested in engine bay parts but it's given you another chance to plug what you have for sale, lol 

I'm the same as you. I started out with a Zetec S and caved in when it was due its first service..

Got a nearly new spirit blue ST-3. And it's right what everyone's said so far in the thread. It's a totally different animal. It will put a smile on your face every day - but if you're tall, old and have a dodgy back like me you'll find the ride annoying at times. 

The heated seats in the ST-3 help with back pain though :D

I fear that the ST bug will take me as a victim sooner or later...

As for the colour, the blue is far too common, looks good, but far too common. If it were me I'd go for the black, the grey wheels look awesome against it! Having said that, the red is really nice looking too.

You won't regret it! I went from a 1.0L ZS to an ST2 in spirit blue and have loved mine.

I usually get bored of cars but this has kept me interested.

The ride is firmer than the ZS but ive got used to it, and with the recaros which I personally find a lot more comfy than the standard fiesta seats, it really isn't to much of an issue.

Nice and easy to drive too and when you want to have fun the right peddle just makes you smile! ;)

Love mine so much ive just ordered another one but in black this time

• Like 1

I'm in the same position (ish)!!!! Looking at ST-2's considering trading in my ZS

I always had a want for an ST.

Just do it! You won't regret it :biggrin:

Love my ST, best car I've ever had.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, andyedge said:

Just do it! You won't regret it :biggrin:

Love my ST, best car I've ever had.

As a fellow white ST-3 owner... We aren't lying :biggrin:

• Like 1

Yeah go for it, but test drive one first. Unless you have a bad back you shouldn't have any issues with the ride. It's firm but never uncomfortable (but your passengers will complain lol).

I'm gunna sort a test drive out just to be sure, however I do quite abit of motorway driving so that should feel quite smooth 

I'm really torn on the colour and keep changing my mind 

My commute is mostly motorway....and that's what is doing me in. It should be cumfy enough but the fezza just bumps around all the time. Love the performance, love the looks - might be perfect for you.

Test it .... everyone has different opinions on what's important. Harsh for me ain't necessarily harsh for you. And motorways are shoite in Herts/Essex.

Anyone who has had Both the ZS and ST (I know there are a few), how have you found the difference between the two ride quality wise ? 

I've had both .... very different. If the ST had Zetec S suspension, it'd be perfect ....for me anyway.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club