Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central locking

Mr Mole

My central locking will only open on the drivers door with the key all the other doors except the boot are deadlocked and will not open at all 

anybody got any help 

• Like 1

Does it unlock if you press the unlock button again?

You can customise the key to only open the drivers door on the first push, so I'd rule that out first.

• Like 1

I have a different problem with Ford Fusion, central locking then immediately unlocking. However if u lock either the driver or passenger door 10 times that door locks.stripped down the door and sprayed the lock with microswitch spray-no change.

Could it be the GEM unit as the fuses seem fine ? Other blogs mention door ajar switch sticking, not sure if this is fitted to the fusion ?

I had a dodgy passenger door that would stay deadlocked for no reason and it would not even unlock properly half the time, I then had some other issues that required looking at the GEM module, and it was wet, not soaking but damp, dried it out and since then those problems have stopped although I have more problems with one of the rear door locks being funny like the passenger side door. I am going to swap my GEM out for another used one when I get chance and see if it does solve my door lock problems as those functions are controlled by the GEM as far as I know.