Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel types

sonic113

I put the wrong petrol in today I stuck in super unleaded instead of regular by accident lol! I know it will do no harm but I usually use regular as its cheaper but or got me thinking......is the super better in terms of performance maybe not so much on a standard engine but would it give it a good clean through anyway?

many say it has no gains iv never used it i stick with regular

• Like 1

Every now and again I stick a tankful of ultimate diesel in, it makes the car run smoother, smoother gear changes and seems to clear out some crud when you give it some welly :smile:

• Like 2

Yours is a 1.6 iirc?  I'm not sure if it'll have octane adaption software on that engine but if it does you should get a (very) slight improvement in performance.  Doubt it's noticeable though, the placebo effect from spending an extra 10p a litre and expecting something from that will be far greater! :biggrin:

I don't bother with performance diesel as it makes no noticeable difference imo....I just give it a boot as often as I can to keep it clean. :wink: 

• Like 1

yep I agree with you all here fellas, I noticed a slight improvement in acceleration and smoothness ect but not worth the extra 10p per ltr lol! I will stick to the regular stuff (Might have to invest in a pair of glasses though so I actually read the pump next time lol!) :smile: On thing I did notice though it goes through the car a lot quicker probably to do with the price though, Hopefully it cleaned the inside a bit so I suppose a plus there.

I put the dearer petrol in sometimes because it flushes the crap out,I mainly put it in for that rather then getting better performance. I've heard super unleaded is the same as putting redex fuel cleaner in your car,does the same job

• Like 1

I'm lucky in that work pay for my fuel so I can use the good stuff all the time. I also have a Spider Tuning chip that retunes on the fly so it can make full use of the better Cetane rating and the difference is noticeable

secondly, the detergent mix is much better in the ultimate fuel and it will clean your engine and produce less crud in the EGR and the DPF, so if like me it makes no difference in cost, use it all the time. However normal fuel isn't bad, running a couple of tankful's through occasionally cant be a bad thing either

BUT, dont use supermarket diesel, it has a far higher % of biodiesel and very few detergent additives. My old Landover that's designed to run on anything remotely oily (like leftover WW2 fuel drums in Africa, or pure mazola cooking oil) would cough and miss on Tesco fuel the once I had no choice but to use it

• Like 2

On 12/02/2016 at 9:32 PM, madmole said:

I'm lucky in that work pay for my fuel so I can use the good stuff all the time. I also have a Spider Tuning chip that retunes on the fly so it can make full use of the better Cetane rating and the difference is noticeable

secondly, the detergent mix is much better in the ultimate fuel and it will clean your engine and produce less crud in the EGR and the DPF, so if like me it makes no difference in cost, use it all the time. However normal fuel isn't bad, running a couple of tankful's through occasionally cant be a bad thing either

BUT, dont use supermarket diesel, it has a far higher % of biodiesel and very few detergent additives. My old Landover that's designed to run on anything remotely oily (like leftover WW2 fuel drums in Africa, or pure mazola cooking oil) would cough and miss on Tesco fuel the once I had no choice but to use it

Agree 100% I never use supermarket fuel on my petrol engine. When I used to it seems to burn through the car faster and always felt that the car was a little sluggish on supermarket fuel. I tend to stick with Texaco or BP

• Like 1

I use Tesco Momentum 99 in my car and it runs like a champ.

It's Esso fuel anyway and only 5p per litre more than standard 95ron.

I was using Shell V Power at 97ron but it was 10p per litre more and the garage was more than 10 miles away so wasting any advantage by having to travel so far to fill up.

I go to Tesco's once a week anyway so it's a no brainer to fill up there when needed.

• Like 1