Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lines on trip compute screen at start up

Sunil237

I bought my mk3 focus in December last year, so still in my 3 month warranty, so hoping for some info before I take it in.

I have only encountered this error in the cold weather, -1degree.

When the car is started I will get this screen which lasts up to 5 seconds, usually. This time it lasted  15+  second, so managed t get my phone out in time

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. 

Pic attached 

IMG_20160212_064012.jpg

Never seen that before so definitely not normal. You have a pic as evidence to show the garage which is great but they might want it overnight to test from cold first thing to try and reproduce it.

Thanks Alex

I might try go when there's going to be a cold snap in their area.

If anyone does have info please post, so I can have an idea of what they should be fixing too.

I looked into it last week and have a thought that it may be the instrument cluster, hopefully I'm wrong as its pretty expensive

Definitely take it in so it's recorded on their records, at least that way if they give you the run around or it breaks fully in 3 months time you have proof of when you reported it so you can take the approach that they should have fixed it within the 3 month warranty.

They may be fine & fix it 1st time round but it's easy to not get around to taking it in, before you know it the warranty has expired & you can't prove when it started acting up.

• Like 1

Quite far from the dealer so want to try get as much info as I can before I call him and take it in