Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Who's Right of Way?

TomsFocus

On 2/14/2016 at 8:41 PM, TomsFocus said:

That's interesting to know.  I've always dropped a gear and 'rolled' up to/around roundabouts and junctions as it saves fuel and keeps everything smooth (no jumping on the brakes then jabbing the throttle which annoys me lol).  I had a terrible habit of proper coasting (clutch in) when I was learning but did manage to stop that.

As the car will be slowing down, surely the momentum and weight of the car will still be 'pushing' forwards putting extra downforce onto the front end?  Maybe I'll have to corners faster in future... :biggrin:

I coast properly all the time... need to drop the habit. Usually when I'm gong downhill and I know I'm going to have to stop at the bottom ill jab the clutch in...wrong I know. Do it on some corners too but I think I need to start changing down a gear and slowing down etc! Don't know where the habits come from - it seems easier at the time but no wonder my leg aches after a 4 hour drive haha 

About that junction, I would have thought that you have right of way turning left, compared to them turning right as others have said. If you wanted to go straight on it would be more obvious that you had right of way.

I guess the other driver assumed their green light means "I can go, so don't need to give way to anything". Or they thought you must have had a red light because theirs is green.