Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Tyres MK7

JSMarsden

Hi,

I have checked my two front tyres and I think they had around 3.5mm of tread when I got the car (maybe a touch more..) at 6600 miles in December. I'm now on about 10100 miles and doing a 500 mile round trip this weekend, but there is probably about 0.5mm until the tyre reaches the spacer (the raised bit in tread). I can feel a bit of tread above this marker, but not a lot.

So looking at getting some new tyres, is there any that people recommend? I'm on the standard Zetec alloys and currently have a high profile tyre on them (probably want to keep it that way for now, as I think the 15's will be drowned in the wheel arch on low profiles).

Should I stick with continentals or are there any more you suggest? (Back have quite good tread, but don't want to swap them over as I know having low tread on the back can be worse in a FWD!)

Thanks! 

Go to Asda tyres enter your reg and choose and compare tyres, they show the ratings e.g wet grip, fuel effieciency and DB (The amount of noise given off) if you know someone who works for Asda ask them to see if you can use their discount card for 10% off, I always get my tyres from Asda as they have a large range including all of the big brands like Continental, Michelin and perelli etc etc.   

Thanks for that! Also looking for best tyre. I.E I don't just want to go and get a budget but want advice from people who have been using a certain type/or if there is a 'preferred tyre' amongst people

What's wrong with your own experience. Were the Continentals good or not. Were you happy with the grip, handling. wet weather driving etc.

Then go to the ASDA site as suggested and find comparable brands with the same ratings as the Contintentals. Then decide what you want according to price.

Good luck.

When I had a Fiesta I used Continental Eco Contact 5 absolutely brilliant tyre, not much rolling resistance and decent grip, wet grip was great too.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, karl46 said:

What's wrong with your own experience. Were the Continentals good or not. Were you happy with the grip, handling. wet weather driving etc.

Then go to the ASDA site as suggested and find comparable brands with the same ratings as the Contintentals. Then decide what you want according to price.

Good luck.

Nothing wrong with my own experience but only had it for 2 months and its been on this 1 set of tyres, so had nothing to compare it with.:whistling:

10 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

When I had a Fiesta I used Continental Eco Contact 5 absolutely brilliant tyre, not much rolling resistance and decent grip, wet grip was great too.  

Will have a look at these :) Cheers :yahoo:

You may well find that Avon Tyres have the same ratings as Continentals but cheaper.

Tyres are a common enquiry on this forum, if you search tyres and bring up all the past posts you will get a good idea of what people think best.

Personally I use Continental Eco Contact 5s because that is what has always come with my fiestas, But if it comes to replacement, after checking the tyre comparision sites  i'd go for as I said before, the same rating and then which was the best buy.

• Like 1

I've been using Pirelli P-Zero Nero tyres for the last year, good performance all round and a good price point, can't really fault them.

I remember when the Michelin expert was around the forum for a while he said that they had a new range of Pilot Sport tyres coming out early this year, may be worth some research!

I had Continentals on my old car a year or so ago the contact 5 and great in the wet and dry but a bit pricey.

Got Bridgstone on now as was on when i had the car but not that good to me in the wet if i pull off quick.

I will be looking soon just at 2 front ones.

Dunlop Bluresponse or Goodyear Efficientgrip (same thing, apart from branding) are highly rated by ADAC.

The label gives an A for wet grip and 67db for noise. I haven't had them on the Fiesta but on my last car I bought a pair and despite the other pair (Michelin) being only half worn the difference in noise and steering quality was so marked I bought the second pair.

An issue might be that the noise is achieved by having fewer cross cuts than other tyres so they may not suit if you're paranoid about a bit of snow.

17 hours ago, darvvader said:

I've been using Pirelli P-Zero Nero tyres for the last year, good performance all round and a good price point, can't really fault them.

I remember when the Michelin expert was around the forum for a while he said that they had a new range of Pilot Sport tyres coming out early this year, may be worth some research!

Thanks for that will keep an eye out! Probs look around Costco (I know they do Michelin) and Asda/Tyres on the drive etc.

Cheers guys will weigh all the recommendations up! :)

I put Goodyear Efficient Grips on my last car (Grand C Max) and was really pleased with them, much quieter and better fuel consumption than the continentals they replaced.

• Like 1