Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Pretty Much at my Wit's End with the Dealership...

b1g_dav3

Well today has had me pretty much finally snap with my dealer after a 3 month battle with them over reversing sensors on my ST.

Basically when I went to pick the car up I noticed that the sensors were the complete wrong colour for the car, my car is Spirit Blue and they'd used Deep Impact Blue instead on the sensors, so this had the car going in a week in for a day to have them re-painted, with the excuse that they didn't have any paint available at the time and they had to paint them in something. Seemed like an odd excuse but fair enough no argument.

So I go to pick up the car and notice the paint is still not right, this time the excuse was that they couldn't get the paint mix correct and would have to have it back again so they could have another go, unhappy at this but fine whatever, I'll give them one more go (third time lucky or something I hoped...). So back it went again to have this re-done and guess what, STILL not a good match on the bumper colour, to which the service manager wanted my car for a week for them to do the job properly which I was hugely against because it was obvious they were going to flash it in to the bumper leaving me with an effectively 'repaired' bumper. 

So this was the third time this car had been in now, and the next time it went in I said the sensors needed looking at because they had never worked properly and they beeped continuously whilst in reverse, it also needed checking for an engine fault after going into limp and showing the service light. They said there was nothing wrong with the sensors (or the engine which is no surprise). So I went away annoyed, and then all of a sudden next day the same thing with the sensors happens again and so once more it gets booked in. 

It is this time that finally they find that the sensors don't work, however it took me taking the car back, going into the car park and doing the fault myself that they finally admitted there was an issue - their technician that morning found nothing wrong somehow. So after making 2 trips in the same day they finally found the fault, which marked the end of visit number 5.

Visit number 6 should have been the best, they replaced everything with the sensors and found 2 were faulty at lower voltages (i.e. when cold), so I went to my bumper and actually felt like smacking my head off the floor. Some absolute buffoon had used a screwdriver to remove the sensors and the paint was chipped and bits of plastic had been gouged out from the bumper. So this leaves us now onto visit number 7 which they were to inspect it and get it booked in to be repaired and the service manager was taking this on personally; but somehow he decided to listen to his technician who said some touch-up paint would sort the issue out, and he never looked to see. So I get back and even though I didn't expect it repaired, was beyond words that the same person who damaged the bumper tried to fob me off with touch-up paint; sure it was no longer showing bare plastic but it still had lumps missing out of the bumper at each sensor point.

So by this point Ford have had my car for 8 days in total, when the service manager says enough is enough, leave the car with them for a week and they will get it to the body shop to have the repair done properly once and for all, as well as look at the engine as the light had been on again and gone into limp mode. This was this Monday just gone. I ring up on Wednesday as I was told there was a chance that the car may be ready by mid-week but leave it with them until the Friday in case; I was told the car is in Burnley where the body shop is. Oh no, I get a phone call this morning apologising that they would need it another week as the car had been sat in their car park since Monday and had gone nowhere as the body shop had been too busy to do my car, at which point I went practically nuclear and told them under no circumstance does that car leave the dealership at all. My dad rings them too to find out what the heck is going on and finds that at 3 (baring in mind I told them at half 10 not to move the car) the car is now on it's way to the body shop, so we go down when I finish work for half 3 smelling one huge rat. So now, after the car has been down there for 5 days (bringing it to a total of 13) they're going to want it for 10 next time, as the engine fault hadn't been looked at and the paint hasn't been done, so 5 for the paint and 5 for the engine fault. It's now booked in for next Monday so I spend yet another stint with a courtesy car that is absolutely horrible; it's a 1.0 Ecosport that is more expensive to run than my ST...

But wait I hear you say, surely there's more?!

You'd be right! The car is brought back to me this evening as the mechanic who had dropped it off had to go get it back and there was the rat, sat on my left front wing - a nice group of scrapes and scratches, along with chips on the bumper nearby. That is why the car was sent off to body shop in such a hurry hoping I'd keep the God awful courtesy car for God knows how long more instead of getting the car back. Got the service manager on the phone (who must have been happy seeing he was at home) and he said, 'Oh we'll paint it when it's in the body shop.'

Now that is the end of the story as of now, but I'm not leaving it all just to get sorted and then let it go. I'm not happy whatsoever that by the time it's finished, if it's finished next time, I'll have had the car for 3 months and the car has been with the dealer for 23 days of that time, so almost a third. As well as this, I'll have a repaired rear bumper, front wing and front bumper because of them damaging it after I have taken delivery because of their incompetence. I'm going to be writing to Ford about this, but do you guys think perhaps contacting trading standards as well? I love the car don't get me wrong, it's amazing, but the service I've had after buying it is beyond shocking. I can't fault the salesman as he's always been great (our family has had now 5 cars from him and soon to be 6th), and the people on the service desk are great too as when I've dealt with them they've always been upfront and honest about things, but beyond that desk Jesus Christ...

I know I don't probably get worst dealership experience ever here, but it's quite the shocker for sure...

Will upload pictures tomorrow of what I can :P

• Like 2

That's an awful experience.:sad:

This might be worth taking it to both your local press and the Watchdog program

• Like 2

Sounds like it might be Arnold Clark!

What everyone should do now is take a gopro with you and film it all and let them know its going on youtube and watchdog - scare the !Removed! out of em always works.

I usually wear my police uniform - amazing how the uniform gets things sorted first time around and even given the managers car as a courtesy vehicle! Not got one then head off to the local fancy dress shop - just a little tip - works every time!
True!

• Like 5

I have to admit I feel like reenacting a scene out of GTA 5 where Michael makes Franklin drive a car through the front of the car dealership...

• Like 6

That is appalling I would contact ford uk now get them on the case. With a bit of luck they'll cease their franchise

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Omendata said:

Sounds like it might be Arnold Clark!

What everyone should do now is take a gopro with you and film it all and let them know its going on youtube and watchdog - scare the !Removed! out of em always works.

I usually wear my police uniform - amazing how the uniform gets things sorted first time around and even given the managers car as a courtesy vehicle! Not got one then head off to the local fancy dress shop - just a little tip - works every time!
True!

Would we not get done for impersonating a police officer?;-)

• Like 1

if you bought the car from then tell them you want your money back and tell your local newspaper and radio station

Surely It's not an offence to dress up as a police officer only to pretend you are one by your actions.

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

I was a police officer at the time lol

But who is to say, you just walk in and let everyone assume - i never said a thing about being a police officer even though i was one they just assumed. If you get caught which is highly unlikely you were just on your way to a fancy dress party!

If you are hissed off enough its a better deal than driving the car through the front window.

• Like 1

That's shocking, I've had problems with dealerships before but nothing on this scale. Which dealership was it, just so we can all avoid them in the future?

It's Evans Halshaw in Bury, the MD is taking it on personally on Monday but it still leaves me without my car for 10 days -.-

Say no more worse dealership in the country I wouldn't touch them with the proverbial !Removed! stick

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club