Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedo change

Rev.Sempi

Hi ive just had to change my clock cluster as they stopped working and need to reprogram my mileage on the new cluster, so my question is how do i reprogram the digital mileometer? is it easy or does it require a specific tool?

car is a 2002 duratorq 1.8tdci estate.

thanks

Rev

If its going up the way, elmconfig will do it, you will need a modified elm 327 device as well.  if its to be moved down the way your out of luck, whilst its possible for us to do it the program developers have not allowed it for obvious reasons.  if you need that done then you will need some specific ford software/ tools

• Like 1

ELMconfig can not communicate with a focus MK1.5 (2002).

As far as I know there is no easy way to correct the mileage on the focus MK1/MK1.5. Changing the mileage requires a suitable mileage correction system. Some Ford specific diagnostic systems have the ability to change the mileage upwards (not downwards)  However as far as I know this function is not supported for the focus MK1/MK1.5

ah, missed the date, yes that's a problem, you can run it with the wrong millage you just need to make sure you keep an accurate record with supporting documentation

• Like 1

Search online for companies that do mileage correction.

As yours is pre OBDii they may well have to remove the cluster and flash the eeprom directly as it won't be possible via the pre 2004 eobd type port you have.

• Like 1

thanks for all the replies i decided to take the plunge and buy my self a tacho pro ( been a while since i used one) so plan on doing the mileage change on it in the next week or so, if any'ones interested i can maybe do a how too on it may help someone out in the future?!.... 

and Stoney your right! its the speedo off and do it direct i always seam to pick the awkward cars lol!

thanks

Rev.

• Like 1