Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus zetec s 1.8L mpg

cem1965

Can anybody please tell me why i'm only getting 26 mpg from my focus, i'ts the 1.8 Zetec s 2010 i do a lot of short distances though like about 2 mile a day so i take it this is why, but can i do anything to improve the mpg for these distances. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Not using heaters will allow the car to warm up quicker but it's not going to make a big difference.

That's probably going to be the best you'll get. I only get 25 out of mine on short journeys.

Thanks for your reply, It does sound a bit ridicules only getting that sort of mileage with a 1.8. I read that i and you should be getting at least 39 mpg.

I get about 28 on short journeys. Mine is a petrol 1.8. Depends how quick you accelerate to as i have had about 18 on short journeys too.

irs normal trust me short journeys on the 1.8 what ure gettings not too bad

Before I installed a k&n air filter for my petrol 1.8 zetec s I was only getting 26mpg, if drive really careful I might get 28mpg but since I installed k&n im getting 32mpg but I'm not really driving long distance and I'm heavy footed plus I like to hear the k&n grrr as I have no turbo or sport exhaust lol hope that helps 

Dan 

K and N filter can't make that much difference on its own.

If your old paper filter was filthy/blocked any new filter could have improved mpg.

The filter helped but I never go by what it says on the car computer as its not always correct but if I'm getting 32 mpg I'm not going to complain 

the k and n does increase the mpg over the paper filter if you resist being heavy footed

It might help a bit but not a 23% increase.

A clean paper filter would have also increased MPG, even if not by as much.

• Like 1

well if you assume the paper filter was dirty the the increase will be from both a free flowing filter and the fact its clean ide say the k and n is between 10-15% increase over a paper clean filter even more if its dirty