Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking for a Fiesta

iamnicolas

Hello, i am new to the forum and i am in the market for a used ford fiesta for around £6000. I want to know for any known faults and what to properly inspect when i will do a pre purchase inspection. I  prefer to get an auto as i am used to them. And i love the Titanium ones!

Thank you

So you're after an automatic transmission with Titanium trim level. This probably leaves you in the 2002-2008 model budget wise

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

So you're after an automatic transmission with Titanium trim level. This probably leaves you in the 2002-2008 model budget wise

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

I am looking for a 2011 - onwards. I can find plenty on Autotrader.. 

• Like 1

Seems your right! Haha, automatics mustnt hold their value as much as the manual.. Either that or the fiesta just doesn't hold it very well

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

If your after an auto then don't get a facelift 2012on.

There's been a number of reported problems with them.

If you can go to a manual then the 1.0 Ecoboost is definitely worth considering.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I went for my first test drive today and am impressed! I really like the car and the Sony radio is really nice!

The only problem now is that because am a student the insurance is very expensive, i will wait untill June to buy a car...

• 2 weeks later...

Drove a Toyota Yaris today and am having second thoughts. I liked it and am not sure what to get hhahah! I saw a swift too but it has a really small boot!

Guys when is the new fiesta expected to launch? 2018?? 2017?

Is the Fiesta with the chrome grill and new headlights a facelift or a new generation of the fiesta?

That was the face-lift which came out in 2013.

New one should be here by next year.

• Like 1

Guys do you think that if i buy a 2011-2012 fiesta this year the prices will drop drastically when the new one comes out next year or this kind of cars keep their value?

I have decided today that i will be looking for both the Toyota Yaris Trend and the Ford Fiesta Titanium 3-door. I like both but the Yaris trend auto is very rare! 

I have a question about the fiesta!  On autotrader some fiestas says that the road tax is £145 and some other £180 even though they have same engine 1.4 auto. Why?

1 hour ago, iamnicolas said:

I have decided today that i will be looking for both the Toyota Yaris Trend and the Ford Fiesta Titanium 3-door. I like both but the Yaris trend auto is very rare! 

I have a question about the fiesta!  On autotrader some fiestas says that the road tax is £145 and some other £180 even though they have same engine 1.4 auto. Why?

You'll be looking about £130 mark, I paid about £134 something like that for my Fiesta which is a 1.6 2011 plate for 12 months!. If you go for a newer reg think 13 and above, the tax should be cheaper, though I don't know so maybe someone can tell you that!

As for Toyota vs Ford... I've driven both, and the only thing I felt the Toyota offered was the length of warrenty. I wouldn't touch one personally! They feel cheaply made and you SHOULD be able to pick a decent Fiesta up for less price than a Yaris.

• Like 1

You'll be looking about £130 mark, I paid about £134 something like that for my Fiesta which is a 1.6 2011 plate for 12 months!. If you go for a newer reg think 13 and above, the tax should be cheaper, though I don't know so maybe someone can tell you that!

As for Toyota vs Ford... I've driven both, and the only thing I felt the Toyota offered was the length of warrenty. I wouldn't touch one personally! They feel cheaply made and you SHOULD be able to pick a decent Fiesta up for less price than a Yaris.

Thank you! For the auto is £180 but 1-2 have £145 i dont know why!

7 minutes ago, iamnicolas said:

Thank you! For the auto is £180 but 1-2 have £145 i dont know why!

You're right. Looking at Parkers...

1.4 Titanium 3/5dr is tax band F CO/2 is 149g/km(automatic) £180.

it's because the automatic produces more CO2 than a manual.

Ref: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/ford/fiesta/hatchback-2008/running-costs/

Guys is there any way o get cheaper insurance?? I get quotes around £1200-1300 for the fiesta !

Also is there any way to make a car more fuel efficient? 

2 minutes ago, iamnicolas said:

Guys is there any way o get cheaper insurance?? I get quotes around £1200-1300 for the fiesta !

Depends how old you are and how long you've been driving mainly.

Depends how old you are and how long you've been driving mainly.

This is going to be my first car! Anyway thank you!