Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune ST3 nearing its first service..

paulyinthenorth

Does anyone know what happens at the garage when they wash and oil the air filter?

Ideally K&N suggest 24 hours drying time. 

Am I going to have to leave my car there for 24 hours? :(

I've always wondered what happens with this.

If the garage doesn't know otherwise, I would think they'll have just ordered a paper filter.

• Like 1

Just tell them not to touch the filter and clean it yourself. To be honest it's unlikely to need cleaning that often.

• Like 2

They don't? Ok, well that solves that then! Haha. 

Is it actually worth getting a main dealer service for this then? I was quoted 70 quid from a respectable garage up the road. Ford want 175..

Def worth getting dealer to do it while under warranty imo. Saves hassle and arguments if something goes wrong.

• Like 1

You can do what you want. It won't affect warranty if ford parts are used.

Only issue will be that if you do get an issue you'll get bumped down the priority list.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2016 at 10:52 AM, jamesm182 said:

Just tell them not to touch the filter and clean it yourself. To be honest it's unlikely to need cleaning that often.

Yeah they should know not to touch the filter. When I had mine serviced I asked them about the filter and they said they normally wouldn't look at it until it's been in for 3 years, which is when K&N say it should be cleaned. I already had the filter out about a year after the upgrade to have a look, and it looked brand new except for a couple of stones in it. I'll probably clean it myself when the time comes, just so I know it's been done right.