Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DI Diesel oil cooler

bobbin

Well its my first post so here goes.

I have a 2000 plate fiesta with the 1.8 DI engine fitted.Last week it whilst out & about a water pipe burst causing it to get hot.Obviously i stopped when temp rose ,but when i lifted the bonnet & found oil everywhere & oil in the expansion tank.

Once home i set to working through it to find the problem.With the car running ok & no bubbles in water system when full etc soon ruled out head gasket.Further investigation soon uncovered the oil cooler & filter housing all in 1 unit (put 2 & 2 together ) which had obviously split internally.After flushing out the cooling system I then joined the cooler water feeds together & re-routed the water feed totaly bypassing the cooler.Problem solved ,or is it ??.

Not wanting to purchase a new cooler at some £220+ I wandered if anyone has done this before ?? or can see any problems with doing this?? or does anyone know where to get reasonably priced replacement??

Rob

• 3 months later...
Well its my first post so here goes.

I have a 2000 plate fiesta with the 1.8 DI engine fitted.Last week it whilst out & about a water pipe burst causing it to get hot.Obviously i stopped when temp rose ,but when i lifted the bonnet & found oil everywhere & oil in the expansion tank.

Once home i set to working through it to find the problem.With the car running ok & no bubbles in water system when full etc soon ruled out head gasket.Further investigation soon uncovered the oil cooler & filter housing all in 1 unit (put 2 & 2 together ) which had obviously split internally.After flushing out the cooling system I then joined the cooler water feeds together & re-routed the water feed totaly bypassing the cooler.Problem solved ,or is it ??.

Not wanting to purchase a new cooler at some £220+ I wandered if anyone has done this before ?? or can see any problems with doing this?? or does anyone know where to get reasonably priced replacement??

Rob

Hi rob i wonder if that problem you had with the oil leak in oil cooler was fixed by bypassing the cooler could you let me know

thanks

leon

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club