Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient Lighting LEDs issue

ross_fnh

Hello All,

This morning I have noticed for the first time in 6 months I have 2 red Led lights overhead near the sunglasses holder/map light area that shine down onto the door pockets and some in the foot Wells.  

This has started as yesterday the positive power lead from my battery had worked loose, so that lead was reattached and re-secured however now I have these interior red LEDS on.. 

1) is this normal?

2) how do I turn it off if it's not a problem.

Thanks.

It's part of the ambient lighting on titanium models and higher. You should have ambient lights in the footwell and doors too. You can turn them off from the drivers display but it will turn them all off.

Thank you.

Yes the footwells and door handles as well are illuminated. It's a Titanium model not the X. Cheers for this ill see if I can find it on the display console. I assume that is the small LED screen one above the radio rather than the mini screen on the dashboard behind the steering wheel ?

Its in the mini screen between rev counter and speedo behind steering wheel.

In one of the settings menus, under lighting I think.

Why turn them off?

They are a premium option that many long to have on their cars.

You can leave them on but dim them down with the dash dimmer switches on the headlight control unit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Why turn them off?

They are a premium option that many long to have on their cars.

You can leave them on but dim them down with the dash dimmer switches on the headlight control unit.

I have a titanium X which lets you choose the colours and dim them with a dial found on the roof liner... I have to admit, the red option is the worst of the lot! cyan should have been the standard colour used on the titanium (not X) if it was the only colour you could have. If I have mine on blue / cyan and I open a door the handle and door-bin lights turn red and I think this is the reason why they chose red on the titaniums.

for what it's worth, the options that you set on the instrument cluster screen seem to be reset when you disconnect the battery. Have a look at what else has changed and then post back when you have to ask what the 'rain light' is :D (turns lights on if you're wipers are on which is the law in some US states)

They have to use red as it's the only colour allowed to face backwards when you open the door.

I prefer red anyway better for your eyes at night and on mine it matches the ST theme. :D

• Like 2

They have to use red as it's the only colour allowed to face backwards when you open the door.

I prefer red anyway better for your eyes at night and on mine it matches the ST theme. :D

Agreed, It suits the ST Focus nicely and goes particularly well with DIB paint.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alexp999 said:

yea I get that, which is probably the reason they chose red in the first place.

remind me what colour theme ST's have around the dials etc... is it red? titaniums have blue, which clashes I think.

I usually choose orange for driving at night :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club