Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch squeal?

meddyliol

My car has done just over 300 miles and I have noticed (hard to miss really) that when I first start the car up and depress the clutch, there is a squealing noise like you used to get when a clutch thrust bearing was on its way out. After a fer minutes it goes and no longer heard for the rest of the day. Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Brian :(

my clutch squeaks everytime its depressed annoying very annoying, going back to dealer first thing tomorrow though. all i can suggest is, that if you think there is a problem take it back. :)

my clutch squeaks everytime its depressed annoying very annoying, going back to dealer first thing tomorrow though. all i can suggest is, that if you think there is a problem take it back. :)

Could you let us know the outcome? Does yours do it all of the time? Are you talking about the actual pedal itself or an actual clutch squeak?

Sorry about all the questions :rolleyes:

The pedal squeaks its the spring on the pedal or something.

The outcome is that they will fix it or i wont leave the garage till its sorted :)

My current car has that. I find WD40 cures the problem for a few months, then it comes back. Very irritating because it sounds like a scalextric trigger when you're driving!

I have the same problem, bita WD40 does the trick ;)

Thanks for all your inputs. I was not talking about a squeak but a squeal. A very different noise. A squeak is not likely to be serious, a squeal could be, especially as it could be a clutch/gearbox problem.

Thanks again

Brian :rolleyes:

My current car has that. I find WD40 cures the problem for a few months, then it comes back. Very irritating because it sounds like a scalextric trigger when you're driving!

me too, drives me nuts,..........going in for full service on the 23rd so they can sort mine aswell

also the fuel computor is playing games, normally whatever is left in the tank i just fill up and always get 445 miles to empty on the screen,filled right up the other day and it said 360 miles to empty.............whats all that about..............so they know about that too

My car has done just over 300 miles and I have noticed (hard to miss really) that when I first start the car up and depress the clutch, there is a squealing noise like you used to get when a clutch thrust bearing was on its way out. After a fer minutes it goes and no longer heard for the rest of the day. Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Brian :(

Mine too makes a squealing noise when the engine is cold,and it is not the pedal.It lasts only lasts a few seconds but it may do it a couple of times.Seems to do it when the cluch is fully depress,but am not sure if this is the only time,I am trying to monitor it so if I take it back Iwill have more to go on.With it been only when cold and intermittant it will be hard to find

me too, drives me nuts,..........going in for full service on the 23rd so they can sort mine aswell

also the fuel computor is playing games, normally whatever is left in the tank i just fill up and always get 445 miles to empty on the screen,filled right up the other day and it said 360 miles to empty.............whats all that about..............so they know about that too

it all depends on how much the fuel was when you did it and what garage.ie: supermarket fuel sometimes is cheaper but is not very good it does not last very long (proven by some survey somewhere).and also if you fill up in the morning you will get less in your tank because as it gets hotter the tank expands resulting in more fuel to fill up in the tankand there is a bit more than that but can't be bothered to go in to it. so all this will have an afect on your mpg resulting in computer saying diferant things.

it all depends on how much the fuel was when you did it and what garage.ie: supermarket fuel sometimes is cheaper but is not very good it does not last very long (proven by some survey somewhere).and also if you fill up in the morning you will get less in your tank because as it gets hotter the tank expands resulting in more fuel to fill up in the tankand there is a bit more than that but can't be bothered to go in to it. so all this will have an afect on your mpg resulting in computer saying diferant things.

I can see your point about the volume within the tank on hot and cold days; that goes without saying, but as I fill up from the same garage at the same pump and roughly the same time each time I visit, there shoud not be such a large discrepancy between what I normally get on the fuel computer when full, to what I have been getting lately.

As far as price goes, that is not a contributing factor as the fuel goes in the tank by volume and not by price; therefore, if I put 10 gallons in costing £1 per gallon or 10 gallons in at £50 per gallon, it is still 10 gallons.

I can see your point about the volume within the tank on hot and cold days; that goes without saying, but as I fill up from the same garage at the same pump and roughly the same time each time I visit, there shoud not be such a large discrepancy between what I normally get on the fuel computer when full, to what I have been getting lately.

As far as price goes, that is not a contributing factor as the fuel goes in the tank by volume and not by price; therefore, if I put 10 gallons in costing £1 per gallon or 10 gallons in at £50 per gallon, it is still 10 gallons.

I think my trip computer tends to vary the number of miles til empty depending on my driving style at the time. If I've been a bit aggressive with the accelerator then it tends to give me a lower figure than if I've been driving efficiently.

yes but if you put in 10 gallons at 109.9 and then next week u put same fuel in at 101.9 you get more fuel for your money.... who's the blonde 1... :lol::lol: :P

yes but if you put in 10 gallons at 109.9 and then next week u put same fuel in at 101.9 you get more fuel for your money.... who's the blonde 1... :lol::lol: :P

I think you are the blond ;) :P :lol: :lol: let me put it to you this way - if I went into a Supermarket and asked for 1lb of cheese at £1.50 per lb, and the next week I went in and ask for 1 lb of cheese at 75p per lb, I still get 1lb of cheese!!!!!! - but I have saved 75p. I don't put fuel in at cost, I put it in by volume. Irrespective of what the cost is, I fill the tank up. I can only put in the tank what the tank will hold, not what is in my purse. :lol: going by what you have said that seems to me that if i buy fuel £1:09 per gallon and fill the tank ...say 10 gallons.then if i go back another time and the fuel is £1:05 per gallon i get more fuel......but you cant get 12 gallons in a ten gallon tank..what ever the cost its still ten gallons by volume not price ;) :P

Yeah i get the same thing. Mine is a couple of months old and since the first few weeks the clutch squeeles when I pull off when the car is cold. After a minute of driving or so and its gone. My driveway is tight so it squeeles like crazy when im pulling out of a morning. Thought it'd go by itself but obviously not, unless it gets any worse i think i'll just leave it till its first service though.

Yeah i get the same thing. Mine is a couple of months old and since the first few weeks the clutch squeeles when I pull off when the car is cold. After a minute of driving or so and its gone. My driveway is tight so it squeeles like crazy when im pulling out of a morning. Thought it'd go by itself but obviously not, unless it gets any worse i think i'll just leave it till its first service though.

Mine didn't do it yesterday when I went out. Will see if it squeals this morning. By the way, what has a tight driveway got to do with your squeal? Are you saying the driveway squeals or the car? :P

titanium s spec just in case you have missed it

SHE FILLS Up by VOLUME NOT by PRICE

i had a clutch squel on my 55 plate they were all recalled for a spring upgrade on the clutch pedal and got a courtesy car to thrash so they should do it for free

im getting a smiilar squal from my break pedal now

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club