Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Bluetooth house speakers for HiFi.

jace1969

This is for my elderly dad who don't want yet more wires everywhere.

Have a good Mini Hi-Fi ''Panasonic'' but it has no bluetooth and wanted to move the speaker away from him a bit.

Does anyone know of any cheap ones as quality aint a big thing just that they work ok and not very small,around shoe box size is fine.

• Like 1

Not quite the answer you are looking for Jace - but similarly we bought my late Father cordless headphones, so he could listen to the Hi Fi / T.V. anywhere in the property at the volume he desired - might be useful for your Father ?

I have some Earphones and work great for the tv and if he is asleep and i want them on.

Why the Speakers is so we can both hear it.

I see that Alex where you just pop them into the Aux socket,is there power both sides like from Speakers

and the adaptor you plug in,not seen a lot about as there all single or small Speakers.

Would this be ok or something like this as there are cheaper ones on eBay.

What version would be best like v-2 /  v-4 .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-Bluetooth-A2DP-Wireless-Stereo-Music-Transmitter-Audio-Adapter-For-iPod-TV-/231050769203?hash=item35cbb2f333:g:pKsAAOSweW5VUapZ

8 hours ago, jace1969 said:

This is for my elderly dad who don't want yet more wires everywhere.

Have a good Mini Hi-Fi ''Panasonic'' but it has no Bluetooth and wanted to move the speaker away from him a bit.

Does anyone know of any cheap ones as quality aint a big thing just that they work ok and not very small,around shoe box size is fine.

I have a Roberts Stream 93i 

does internet radio and streams spotify from phone,

listen to stations from all over the world. 

Compact unit with 2.1 speakers 

sounds awesome for the size

50 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I have a Roberts Stream 93i 

does internet radio and streams spotify from phone,

listen to stations from all over the world. 

Compact unit with 2.1 speakers 

sounds awesome for the size

I aint that upto date on all this bluetooth stuff with the house Hi Fi not having it on so i first need the receiver I think to push

the bluetooth signal out which I think is on the link i have added above then a pair of Speakers to pick it up through Aux port.

Is this the sort of thing i need on the link above so i can order one or the cheaper one for £5

Cheers

Just had a reply off the eBay seller of the item on here saying it won't work,I need something to add bluetooth to my hifi so then I can link Speakers to it.

Don't anyone know a link to see what i need as i can see me getting the wrong thing.

As above its to add bluetooth to my house Hifi so i can put some Speakers to it.

Cheers

14 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Don't anyone know a link to see what i need as i can see me getting the wrong thing.

As above its to add Bluetooth to my house Hifi so i can put some speakers to it.

Cheers

How about this device from Google,

Plugs in to AUX input on HiFi and streams audio from your phone, I've also saw them in the latest Argos Catalogue, so easy enough to purchase 

https://www.google.ie/chromecast/speakers/ 

Would that work being its using the Hi-Fi as the main source and its from a device to Hi-Fi.

I need it the other way round don't i,its giving my hifi bluetooth so i can connect Speakers to it.

There are a few on eBay but i aint got a clue which ones will work,cheers for that link and good if worked.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Would that work being its using the Hi-Fi as the main source and its from a device to Hi-Fi.

I need it the other way round don't i,its giving my hifi Bluetooth so i can connect speakers to it.

There are a few on ebay but i aint got a clue which ones will work,cheers for that link and good if worked.

Oh I see what you mean 

No; the device linked above only receives audio in to the HiFi wirelessly 

I now realise your in search of a device which broadcasts out the audio from the HiFi wirelessly to speakers via say the headphone socket of the HiFi. 

11 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I need it the other way round don't i,its giving my hifi Bluetooth so i can connect speakers to it.

There are a few on ebay but i aint got a clue which ones will work,cheers for that link and good if worked.

This would work for Transmitting sound played by the HiFi out to other devices via Bluetooth 

but I'm unsure if it's signal range would be of much distance 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201443626802 

OK I'm confused............to be honest it doesn't take much nowadays though! :wacko:

Do you want to keep the current hi-fi and just add BT to it to stream music to and use the current Speakers, or do you want to play music on your hi-fi but 'Bluetooth' it to Speakers not joined physically to it?  

Lets see.

I have an hifi with (no) bluetooth but the Speakers i have on it are wired and not long enough to move as to close to my dad.

My aim is to get a device to make the Hifi like it has bluetooth so then i have the option to add 2 Speakers (which will be bluetooth) to the Hifi.

To stream cd/radio from Hifi to the bluetooth Speakers and put them the other side of the room,quality aint a bit problem as its just old songs etc.

I get it now :smile:

I take it extending the speaker cables is not an option? 

I bought a BT speaker from Tescos a while back, £20 I think. Not very powerful but plenty for the bathroom. Pretty good sound as well. I just use it to stream Planet Rock etc when I'm in the shower. 

Pretty sure you'll find something suitable for your dad ;-) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Turvey said:

I bought a BT speaker from Tescos a while back, £20 I think. Not very powerful but plenty for the bathroom. Pretty good sound as well. I just use it to stream Planet Rock etc when I'm in the shower. 

I've mounted 6.5" car Speakers in to the ceiling of my bathroom connected to HiFi unit in bedroom with a switch to turn off bedroom Speakers or bathroom Speakers whichever not in use. 

15 hours ago, Turvey said:

Well getting bluetooth Speakers aint to hard as you can get them anywhere or size,2 of them would be best.

The problem i have is what item do i get to plug into Hifi to make it that is has bluetooth,

• Like 1

Seems to be a bit stuck on this,even if a new Mini Hifi i still don't know if it will push sound out to bluetooth Speakers.

This stereo i have is A1 so don't  want to go down that route,Wireless would be another way but still the same problem.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club