Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USA Ford Fiesta Photo

.Nick.

Photo of the US-spec Ford Fiesta showing more dramatic front fog lights, larger upper grille and smaller lower grille (required to meet US Crash Regulations):

1.jpg

Also the front light seems different, at least that yellow something in top right corner of the light... maybe also local requirement...

Also the front light seems different, at least that yellow something in top right corner of the light... maybe also local requirement...

Or they could have moved the indicator around. On our ones the indicator is on the inside of the headlight.

I wonder why they've suddenly decided to make these alterations. It looks as though there have been quite a lot of Fiestas already arrived on US shores over the past few months. There's even a 'Ford Movement' website at: http://www.fordvehicles.com/2011fiesta/?section=gallery which shows the same basic style of cars as we have here in the UK. I guess, as Nick has mentioned, they must now have to meet new regulations. (I also read somewhere that the heated windscreens are not allowed in the US as they think the wire elements may be a distraction!)

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

Ford launches the US version of the Fiesta at the Los Angeles motor show in December.

The US firm launched the ‘Fiesta Movement’ earlier this year, which saw 100 Euro-spec Fiestas being given to people to blog about their experiences and drum up interest in the car.

Sam De La Garza, Ford Fiesta marketing manager, said: “This is the perfect time to show the North American Fiesta.

“The Fiesta Movement will have wrapped up, and after hearing so much about this car leading up to the reveal, everyone will finally get to see what we are so excited about.”

Let's hope then that the Yanks don't have to wait the !Removed! pathetic waiting times that us Europeans do then...especially yours truly. The US ones are being built at a re-tooled car plant in Mexico btw.

Ford launches the US version of the Fiesta at the Los Angeles motor show in December.

The US firm launched the ‘Fiesta Movement’ earlier this year, which saw 100 Euro-spec Fiestas being given to people to blog about their experiences and drum up interest in the car.

Sam De La Garza, Ford Fiesta marketing manager, said: “This is the perfect time to show the North American Fiesta.

“The Fiesta Movement will have wrapped up, and after hearing so much about this car leading up to the reveal, everyone will finally get to see what we are so excited about.”

Let's hope then that the Yanks don't have to wait the !Removed! pathetic waiting times that us Europeans do then...especially yours truly. The US ones are being built at a re-tooled car plant in Mexico btw.

Cheers Nightowl, that makes everything much more clearer. :) Still no sign of your car yet? Hope you get some good news soon.

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

Or they could have moved the indicator around. On our ones the indicator is on the inside of the headlight.

Don't American cars have amber running lights? Might be those

Don't American cars have amber running lights? Might be those

Yes, I think their laws require amber sidelights - fore and aft, so there should be something similar in the rear lights/bumper too

A lot of manufacturers are now making these amber sidelights universal across their worldwide models - BMW 5 series is a good example, these have amber LEDs in the headlights on British/European models, I presume the lamp unit is exactly the same for the American market. This obviously saves cost in having an American-specific lamp unit (not accounting for differences in LHD/RHD housings, but RHD also applies to Australasia and Japanese markets too ;))

Here we go:

Definately not a fan of those fog lights

I think that looks great - but I think it is more of a concept pic like the Verve model that preceded the Fiesta launch? The upper grille is much bigeer and there's no place for a number plate - even though i don;t think they are mandatory on the front in the US?

Whatever it is, i like the angular fogs B)

I think that looks great - but I think it is more of a concept pic like the Verve model that preceded the Fiesta launch? The upper grille is much bigeer and there's no place for a number plate - even though i don;t think they are mandatory on the front in the US?

Whatever it is, i like the angular fogs B)

You can see from the factory pic that this is what the final vehicle looks like. Front number plates aren't always legal requirement in some states in America. The upper grille and bumper have been modified to comply with American safety regulations.

I'm not keen on the fogs. Too big, too much chrome and don't really go with any other element of the car.

1.jpg
0806_32_z%202010_ford_fiesta%20front_three_quarter_view.jpg

Maybe a bit more chrome on the red one but otherwise that looks like it pretty much.

lol was just bout to say wheres the rest of the car but i guess reminds me more of a focus than a fiesta not entirely bad

and as for the foggies well it is america so everything gotta be SUPERSIZE lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club