Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESP warning light constantly turned on

jack1997

2008 Focus 1.6 Diesel

its been on since i got the car, hasnt really effected driving much but i heard a lot of bad stories. i tried to switch on the esp through the menu in the car and that didnt remove the warning light.

once i replaced the brake pads and the light went off, only to return after i drove the car a second time since replacing.

what is the meaning of this?

1 hour ago, jack1997 said:

2008 Focus 1.6 Diesel

its been on since i got the car, hasnt really effected driving much but i heard a lot of bad stories. i tried to switch on the esp through the menu in the car and that didnt remove the warning light.

once i replaced the brake pads and the light went off, only to return after i drove the car a second time since replacing.

what is the meaning of this?

have you got esp switch ? if not you will have to use the elm to turn it on.could be some one turned it off for some reason.

18 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

have you got esp switch ? if not you will have to use the elm to turn it on.could be some one turned it off for some reason.

yes in the dash menu there is an option for esp, on and off doesnt do anything.

sorry if silly question but what is elm? does that mean a visit to ford?

Just now, jack1997 said:

no not trip to ford .elm is a device for changing settings on the car.there is a lot of threads about it.ive installed the switch on mine so i can just turn it on and off without elm.

4 minutes ago, jack1997 said:

yes in the dash menu there is an option for esp, on and off doesnt do anything.

you dont need elm then.couldnt remember how it switched on with out the switch.must be a problem then.not sure what it could be.

Could be down to a problem with the sensor at one of the wheels. I'm assuming the ABS/traction control and ESP all work off the same sensor. Checking back online for my old MOT's I found one from before I owned our focus with the same felt and it is marked down as having the sensor at the wheel changed. 

Your find its the abs pump internal pressure sensor has failed. If you get the codes red your more than likely have c1288. Pumps are about £150 now

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club